Lunges Forward When Stopped

2001 Volvo XC70

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Volvo dealer.

1. still in repair shop (1 reports)
2001 Volvo XC70 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volvo XC70:

2001 Volvo XC70 Owner Comments

May 032014

XC70 AWD 2.5L 5 cyl

We bought the car, then drove it home from the dealer on 5/02/14. We drove it about 50 miles then noticed that when we stopped at a light that it would lunge forward while the brake was pressed. As though the car wanted to go on its own. When I shifted from park to drive, it would make a loud clank. I really had to give it a good yank to get it into drive.

These things only happened after the car was warmed up. We took it back shortly after. My dealer is doing his best to stand by the car as far as repairs go. It's been in the shop over 3 weeks now. When he updates me on the progress he mentions everything I've read on this website.

Volvo should really have done something about this. Are they satisfied with these issues? I have a 1997 Volvo 850 wagon that just won't die. I thought this would have been the same. I doubt that I'll be buying another Volvo especially if they know that numerous consumers are having the same issues.

I thought I had done thorough research before buying this car. I don't know why but MSN AUTO and other websites rated it as good. I wish I had found this site before buying.

- , Springfield, Massachussetts, USA