- August 23: Volvo Recalls XC90 Luxury SUVs to Fix Side Airbag Problems
- August 21: Volvo Satellite Radio Lawsuit Says Radio Drains Battery
- June 30: Volvo XC90 Recall: Front Side-Impact Airbags Can Fail
2003 Volvo XC70
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2nd generation XC70 has a transmission issue and the 2003 model year seems to be the worst of it. These are still solidly built and comfortable cars, but if you're looking at buying used you might be better off avoiding the 2003 unless it has already had its transmission replaced.
Worst 2003 XC70 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problems2
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 3
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 3
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Volvo XC70 Model Years
Curious how the 2003 XC70 compares to other years?
Check out our Volvo XC70 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the XC70.