- November 27: Volvo Leaking Sunroof Lawsuit Alleges Drain Tubes Clog news | 8 days ago
- November 18: Volvo Wins Motion to Dismiss XC90 T8 Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- November 10: Volvo Recalls 74,000 Vehicles to Fix Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 25 days ago
- September 29: Volvo Recalls Cars and SUVs to Fix Drain Hoses recalls | 67 days ago
2003 Volvo XC70
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2nd generation XC70 has a transmission issue and the 2003 model year seems to be the worst of it. These are still solidly built and comfortable cars, but if you're looking at buying used you might be better off avoiding the 2003 unless it has already had its transmission replaced.
Worst 2003 XC70 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problems2
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 4
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 3
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Volvo XC70 Model Years
Curious how the 2003 XC70 compares to other years?
Check out our Volvo XC70 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the XC70.