2007 Volvo XC70 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volvo XC70:

2007 Volvo XC70 Owner Comments

Mar 082014

XC70 5-cyl

When reversing out of our garage first thing in the morning, brakes were nearly inoperative and required an additional 10-15 feet of stopping distance. Unable to depress the brake (hard brake). I almost ran into a tree and hit my dog. Dealer diagnosed as a faulty brake vacuum pump switch and brake vacuum. Scariest thing I have ever had happen. Luckily, no one was hurt as we were in a large driveway and my husband was able to get the dog out of the way. Thank goodness we had the extra space. If this had been in a parking lot, I would have hit another car or hit a person without question. There was a recall for earlier model Volvo (S40 & V40) and should be for any Volvo vehicles with the same switch/brake vacuum before someone is injured severely or worse, killed. Volvo is founded on the safety on their vehicles and should stand behind this issue 110%.

- Englewood, CO, USA