- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 6 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 25 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 27 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 27 days ago
Ford Recall 99S31: Ford/FMVSS 102/Shift Lever Pattern
1999 Ford Escort
The driver may not be aware of the transmission position of the vehicle.
Power Train — Manual Transmission — Shift Pattern Indicator
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with the S/R option. The S/R option includes, among other features, a 5-speed manual transmission. On these vehicles, the transmission shift pattern is not displayed in the occupant compartment in view of the driver. This does not comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 102, "transmission shift lever sequence, starter interlock, and transmission braking effect."
- Owners will be provided with an adhesive backed plaque containing the shift pattern, along with materials and instructions for locating and affixing the plaque to the vehicle center console, just forward of the shift lever. Owners will also be advised that their dealer can affix the plaque if they prefer.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.