- October 9: Land Rover Range Rover, Sport and Discovery Recalled recalls | 11 days ago
- September 3: Jaguar Tests Autonomous Vehicle With Virtual Eyes news | 47 days ago
- August 5: Jaguar Land Rover Timing Chain Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 76 days ago
Land Rover Recall : Land Rover/Throttle Cable
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
Breakage of the cable strands can result in the throttle being stuck in the open position, increasing the risk of a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- On some sport utility vehicles, the accelerator cable could have become kinked during vehicle assembly, resulting in chaffing of the cable. Continued chaffing can lead to breakage of the interior cable strands.
- Dealers will inspect and replace the damaged cables where necessary. Owner notification began March 6, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Land Rover at 1-301-731-9040.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.