Land Rover Recall N164: TPMS Settings Incorrect/FMVSS 138
2018 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
If the vehicle fails to warn the driver of low tire pressure, driving the vehicle may result in tire tread separation, increasing the risk of a crash.
Tires — Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems
- Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Land Rover) is recalling certain 2018 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque convertible vehicles equipped with 20-inch wheels. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) may be incorrectly set and thus may not illuminate the warning on the instrument panel when a tire's pressure is 25% below the recommended cold inflation pressure. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 138, "Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems."
- Land Rover will notify owners, and dealers will update the TPMS setting to correct the illumination setting, free of charge. The recall began on March 9, 2018. Owners may contact Land Rover customer service at 1-800-637-6837. Land Rover's number for this recall is N164.
- Documents (7)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- 21-FEB-18 - SAFETY RECALL N164 (NHTSA 18V-088): TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM (TPMS)INCORRECT FOR 20-INCH TIRES IN INSTRUMENT CLUSTER (IC)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- 15-FEB-18 - NOTIFICATION OF SAFETY RECALL N164 (NHTSA 18V-088)
- Recall 573 Report- AMENDMENT 1
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 138
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.