- March 7: Mazda CX-50 Recall Issued Over Trailer Wire Harnesses recalls | 15 days ago
- March 6: Mazda Water Pump Lawsuit Dismissed news | 16 days ago
- February 5: Mazda Valve Stem Seal Recall Needed, Alleges Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
- January 30: Mazda Water Pump Lawsuit: 2 Classes Decertified news | 51 days ago
- January 15: Mazda Fuel Pump Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 66 days ago
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 109,900 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (3 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2006 MAZDA5 problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
I loved my 2006 Mazda 5 and took excellent care of it, regular maintenance, etc. In 2014, with only 90K on it, I pulled up to a red light, and thought I'd stalled it when the light went green, but the engine was simple dead. My engine light was not on, engine was not making noises, I had no warning this was coming. I would learn later it had slipped the timing chain and thrown a rod. The dealership didn't even want to look at it, said it would be more money to fix than to replace and tried to sell me a new one. My local mechanic said he thought it was a poor engine design, that it was only a matter of time on any of these engine. I was 3 months away from having it paid off (bought new from dealer in Dec of 2007).
- Catherine M., Chesapeake, VA, US