2006 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 12 of 16)

Mar 092011

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the front passenger side air bag sensor was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 55,000 and the current mileage was 97,000.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Oct 312012

325 6-cyl

Air bag warning lamp and passenger air bag "on-off" light remains on. According to an nbc news story on 8/13/2008, the NHTSA opened an investigation into this and BMW later announced recall of the 2006 3-series BMW for this problem. When I contacted BMW regarding this exact same problem in my 2006 BMW 330I, they say it is not included in the recall. I took the car to the BMW dealer, and they verified the problem (faulty seat occupancy detector) but said they would charge me $1,090 to fix it.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Oct 232012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated the passenger side air bag warning light and the seat belt warning light illuminated indicating that the passenger air bag was off when a passenger seat was occupied. The dealer was contacted to set up an appointment regarding the air bag and seat belt light. The contact believed that if the vehicle was involved in a crash the passenger side air bag would not deploy. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Tigard, OR, USA

Sep 212012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 3 series. While parked, the contact noticed that the air bag warning light was illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic was unable to diagnose the failure. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) that could have been related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised that the VIN was not included in the recall campaign. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Vernon, NY, USA

Oct 092012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning light would illuminate on an intermittent basis. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where the contact was informed that the front passenger seat sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and advised him that the repair was not covered under warranty nor were there any recalls for the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 62,400. The current mileage was approximately 62,476.

- Burmingham, AL, USA

Oct 102012

325 6-cyl

Sitting in parking lot, engine off, key in ign (listening to radio). Air-bag warning lamp lights and has been on steady ever since. Passenger air bag disabled indicator also on. Called dealer to make appointment. I inquired about the recall and service advisor says no active recalls on my car. Seems that this is the exact fault identified in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000. This car has the "sport seats" which are specifically identified in the recall.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Oct 082012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact stated that while parked the contact noticed the air bag light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated the seat sensor mat would have to be replaced. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) that may be related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 104,000.

- Mendota Heights, MN, USA

Oct 012012

325 6-cyl

I am the 2nd owner of my 2006 BMW 3 series. I've driven it for about 4 months and one day I go to start my car to go to work and I noticed that the air bag indicator came on and it says passenger restraint malfunction. I have no idea why or what caused this!? I don't mess with my car, it just randomly did it once I tried to start it.'ve done some research and I seen an article from nbc news that says "BMW ag said Wednesday it was recalling 200,000 vehicles over concerns that the front passenger air bag may not deploy in a crash." Now that really concerns me! I need to get this fixed as soon as possible. Please help!

- Yuba City, CA, USA

Sep 052012

325 6-cyl

A warning indicator light came on telling me that the passenger restraint system was malfunctioning. At first it was occasional. Now the warning is on every time I get in the car with or without a passenger. I would like to have the car included in recall 08V384000.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 172011

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the passenger side air system malfunctioned due to a defective air bag sensor in the passenger's seat. The contact was concerned that if the vehicle was involved in a crash that the passenger side air bag would not deploy. The contact was informed of NHTSA campaign I.D. number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) and took the vehicle to a local dealer. The dealer advised the contact that the front passenger seat sensor mat needed to be replaced and that the contact's VIN was not included in the recall. The failure mileage was 57,000.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Aug 172012

325 6-cyl

The two issues are (1) airbag malfunction and (2) steering wheel malfunction. (1) the first issue occurred while I was driving on ca I-80 towards berkley from davis on 8/17/2012. As I was driving, the car displayed a notification that the passenger air bag was experiencing a problem and shut off. There was a passenger in the car. As of this date, the airbag is still shut off. (2) the second issue occurred while I was driving on ca I-280 from burlingame towards millbrae on 8/30/2012. As I was driving, I noticed a steering wheel lock notification. Luckily, I was at my exit and near home so I drove slowly home. After turning the car off, the steering wheel locked up. Restarting and turning the car off causes the steering wheel to randomly lock/unlock. I have not driven the car after the incident.

- Millbrae, CA, USA

Jul 272012

325 6-cyl

My car started displaying a warning that there was a malfunction in the passenger restraint system. Took it to dealer who said that there was a low voltage issue with my battery and fixed it. 2 weeks later the warning reappeared. This time, when I took it to the dealer, I was informed that there was a defective sensor module in the seats and that the airbags would not deploy in the event of a crash. Even though the NHTSA issued a recall for this specific malfunction (NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000), the dealer refused to fix the module under warranty. The cost of this repair was quoted to be $1400 and is out of my budget, and even though this is a noted safety defect that BMW is aware of, they refuse to honor the recall claiming that my car's VIN number is not among those covered by the recall.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 292009

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact was traveling 60 mph when the passenger air bag restraint system warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the passenger air bag sensor needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 83,653 and the current mileage was 141,000.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Jul 202012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that at engine startup, the passenger restraint system warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The dealer confirmed that the battery needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was contacted and confirmed that the VIN failed to qualify for repairs under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The failure and current mileages were 57,585.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jul 192011

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. While parked, the contact noticed that the air bag warning light was illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostics where the technician stated that the mat on the front passenger seat would have to be replaced. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) but was advised by the manufacturer that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 88,000.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jul 172012

325 6-cyl

Dashboard reads "passenger seat restraint malfunction" and shows an image of a dummy with an air bag deployed. When I called BMW they stated that my VIN number was not on the list for this recall, even though my car fits under this recall completely.

- Corona, CA, USA

May 212012

325 6-cyl

Passenger airbags sensors come on and off, seat belt light on with passenger in car.

- Paterson, NJ, USA

Jul 102009

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact noticed the air bag warning light was illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostics. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) but the contact was advised by the manufacturer that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Kelseyville, CA, USA

Apr 232012

325 6-cyl

Warning light that air bag is not functioning comes on. Dealer found a fault in the seat adjustment sensor (part of the seat motor). Said seat motor would have to be replaced. This appears to be the same fault others are reporting that was covered for some series 3 models by a NHTSA recall. The dealer made no mention of a recall. I have not had the repair done.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Jan 182007

325

Our vehicle fails to detect passengers and the airbag turns off. We were told by BMW initially that our passengers were too light, however, we understand that this item has been recalled several years ago, because the seat should detect passengers over 90 lbs, I weigh 115 lbs. Anyway, when I called the manufacturer they said our VIN was not included in the recall. NHTSA relies on the manufacturer to include VIN's in the recall, however, this is an obvious problem that my vehicle should have been included in the recall which is so well documented. We are the original owners and have not sold the vehicle.

- Alexandria, VA, USA