2006 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 12 of 16)

Dec 232012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the front passenger air bag warning light illuminated while the passenger seat was occupied. There was a reading across the instrument panel that advised him that the front passenger air bag was disengaged and was no longer operative. The vehicle was not inspected by a dealer or an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was later contacted and advised him that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The failure and current mileages were approximately 109,000.

- Maynard, MA, USA

325

Airbag light stays on, there are many that have the same issue and BMW has an active safety campaign 08V-384 but owners are being told that the VIN is not effective, thus it is not covered. Yet, when you ask the dealership what VIN is covered, they do not know. Contacted BMW corporate office and was told they are not able to search any other BMW except the VIN that I can provide. Would it be possible to obtain all the VIN that are effected under recall 08V-384? I just hope no one gets seriously injured in an accident just because the air bags did not deploy. I bought this car for it's safety standards and now will have compromise or spend $1400 to have it repaired.

- Jersy City, NJ, USA

Dec 012012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. While parked, the contact noticed that the air bag warning light was illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) that could have been related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Mount Zion, IL, USA

Jan 122010

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325 I. the contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated on and off. The passenger's seat was not occupied. The contact also stated that the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated sporadically when the seat was occupied as well. After several months, the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated permanently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where a technician advised the contact that the failure could have been caused by the front passenger seat sensor mat but a diagnostic testing would have to be performed to determine the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The approximate failure mileage was 29,000 and the current failure mileage was 50,500. Updated 12/28/12 the consumer stated even though his VIN was out of range for the recall, the vehicle could still be fixed under the 10 year extended warranty provision. Updated 01/09/13

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 142012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated.the vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they advised that the air bag sensor, which was in the seat, needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and advised that the vehicle was not included in a recall. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Sep 192012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 3 series. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 60 mph, the passenger air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for a diagnostic testing. The technician stated that the passenger seat mat sensor plug needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags: Frontal). The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000 and the current mileage was 56,700.

- Laredo, TX, USA

325 6-cyl

My airbag light kept beeping at me every few minutes. It did not matter whether I had a passenger or not. I looked the issue up online and came across a recall that my car was known for. The mat under the passenger seat had malfunctioned and kept throwing off my airbag light. This would not allow my airbag to deploy in an accident.I was notified that the fix was going to be $$$. I had to have it fixed since its my only car and needed it in working order. BMW was contacted 3 different times about my problem and they acknowledged that it infact was a recall but all 3 times they said my VIN number did not qualify. When will my car qualify? I just spent 900 dollars to get the issue fixed and would like to be reimbursed.

- Pasco, WA, USA

325 6-cyl

To whom it may concern, my passenger airbag sensor light and passenger seat belt light came on unexpectedly while driving. After doing a bit of research on the internet I found that there was a similar issue others were having with the same model car 2006 BMW 325I sedan E90 series and there is an ongoing recall 08V384000. So I decided to contact my local BMW dealership to see if my car was covered in the recall they said no and quoted me a price of well over 1400 dollars to fix. I have since found out that in the event of a collision that my passenger airbag will not deploy. After, further research I feel that my model is also an affected in this recall (08V384000). I hope that this submission will not fall on deaf ears. I am doing this for all the others like me affected by this issue and demand service to fix a known safety issue for us and for our passengers. Regards

- Saugus , CA, USA

Mar 092011

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the front passenger side air bag sensor was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 55,000 and the current mileage was 97,000.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Oct 312012

325 6-cyl

Air bag warning lamp and passenger air bag "on-off" light remains on. According to an nbc news story on 8/13/2008, the NHTSA opened an investigation into this and BMW later announced recall of the 2006 3-series BMW for this problem. When I contacted BMW regarding this exact same problem in my 2006 BMW 330I, they say it is not included in the recall. I took the car to the BMW dealer, and they verified the problem (faulty seat occupancy detector) but said they would charge me $1,090 to fix it.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Oct 232012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated the passenger side air bag warning light and the seat belt warning light illuminated indicating that the passenger air bag was off when a passenger seat was occupied. The dealer was contacted to set up an appointment regarding the air bag and seat belt light. The contact believed that if the vehicle was involved in a crash the passenger side air bag would not deploy. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Tigard, OR, USA

Sep 212012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 3 series. While parked, the contact noticed that the air bag warning light was illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic was unable to diagnose the failure. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) that could have been related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised that the VIN was not included in the recall campaign. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Vernon, NY, USA

Oct 092012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning light would illuminate on an intermittent basis. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where the contact was informed that the front passenger seat sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and advised him that the repair was not covered under warranty nor were there any recalls for the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 62,400. The current mileage was approximately 62,476.

- Burmingham, AL, USA

Oct 102012

325 6-cyl

Sitting in parking lot, engine off, key in ign (listening to radio). Air-bag warning lamp lights and has been on steady ever since. Passenger air bag disabled indicator also on. Called dealer to make appointment. I inquired about the recall and service advisor says no active recalls on my car. Seems that this is the exact fault identified in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000. This car has the "sport seats" which are specifically identified in the recall.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Oct 082012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact stated that while parked the contact noticed the air bag light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated the seat sensor mat would have to be replaced. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) that may be related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 104,000.

- Mendota Heights, MN, USA

Oct 012012

325 6-cyl

I am the 2nd owner of my 2006 BMW 3 series. I've driven it for about 4 months and one day I go to start my car to go to work and I noticed that the air bag indicator came on and it says passenger restraint malfunction. I have no idea why or what caused this!? I don't mess with my car, it just randomly did it once I tried to start it.'ve done some research and I seen an article from nbc news that says "BMW ag said Wednesday it was recalling 200,000 vehicles over concerns that the front passenger air bag may not deploy in a crash." Now that really concerns me! I need to get this fixed as soon as possible. Please help!

- Yuba City, CA, USA

Sep 052012

325 6-cyl

A warning indicator light came on telling me that the passenger restraint system was malfunctioning. At first it was occasional. Now the warning is on every time I get in the car with or without a passenger. I would like to have the car included in recall 08V384000.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 172011

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the passenger side air system malfunctioned due to a defective air bag sensor in the passenger's seat. The contact was concerned that if the vehicle was involved in a crash that the passenger side air bag would not deploy. The contact was informed of NHTSA campaign I.D. number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) and took the vehicle to a local dealer. The dealer advised the contact that the front passenger seat sensor mat needed to be replaced and that the contact's VIN was not included in the recall. The failure mileage was 57,000.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Aug 172012

325 6-cyl

The two issues are (1) airbag malfunction and (2) steering wheel malfunction. (1) the first issue occurred while I was driving on ca I-80 towards berkley from davis on 8/17/2012. As I was driving, the car displayed a notification that the passenger air bag was experiencing a problem and shut off. There was a passenger in the car. As of this date, the airbag is still shut off. (2) the second issue occurred while I was driving on ca I-280 from burlingame towards millbrae on 8/30/2012. As I was driving, I noticed a steering wheel lock notification. Luckily, I was at my exit and near home so I drove slowly home. After turning the car off, the steering wheel locked up. Restarting and turning the car off causes the steering wheel to randomly lock/unlock. I have not driven the car after the incident.

- Millbrae, CA, USA

Jul 272012

325 6-cyl

My car started displaying a warning that there was a malfunction in the passenger restraint system. Took it to dealer who said that there was a low voltage issue with my battery and fixed it. 2 weeks later the warning reappeared. This time, when I took it to the dealer, I was informed that there was a defective sensor module in the seats and that the airbags would not deploy in the event of a crash. Even though the NHTSA issued a recall for this specific malfunction (NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000), the dealer refused to fix the module under warranty. The cost of this repair was quoted to be $1400 and is out of my budget, and even though this is a noted safety defect that BMW is aware of, they refuse to honor the recall claiming that my car's VIN number is not among those covered by the recall.

- Houston, TX, USA