2006 BMW 330 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 330:

2006 BMW 330 Owner Comments (Page 6 of 12)

Jul 012014

330

Front passenger seat has a faulty seat mat sensor which causes the airbag to be disengaged. The fault has been verified by a mechanic and there is a recall notice for the same year/model of car but it is not specific to my VIN number. BMW usa and dealer have been notified but will provide no assistance in repairing the defect without normal compensation unless the VIN numbers are extended. Clearly this is an issue on other vins within the same manufacturing models and years of my car based on the NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 recall notice.

- Silverton, OR, USA

Mar 072011

330

The contact owns 2006 BMW 330I. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag light illuminated on the instrument panel. The failure continued to occur for a period of three years. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number 13V564000 (air bags). However, the VIN was not included in the recall. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 106,000.

- Tampa, FL, USA

May 152012

330 6-cyl

Driving with bag on passenger seat, "red airbag & red seatbelt" indicators light up. Upon taking to dealership, their code reader suggested "low battery voltage" caused lights. Cleared code. Months later, with work bag on passenger seat happens again. Cleared code. Suggested to buy a new battery. Bought a new BMW battery, and same thing, happens again. I take to another shop (BMW charges 100-150 to clear code each time...) and they clear code, still "low battery voltage" but suggested I look into this occupancy seat sensor recall. Go back to dealership and they say unless code reader says airbag fault, they will not warranty. Through the course of 2 years now, the light has come back on 4 times prior, and now today a 5th time. I have yet to take back to dealership again, but making my complaints. I am not a genius but somehow I think the occupancy sensor mat must be defective yet throws error codes of "low battery voltage". when I check the code manually through the drivers stalk, ccid-97 (from memory) which online referenced to air bag fault. Although I have owned vehicle for almost 4 years, it was a "certified" preowned from dealer, and I"M being told that the recall covers only 10 years after the original sale date. Which means October/November this year of 2014, I am out of luck. Hundreds wasted each time, incorrect diagnosing. And BMW refusing to take responsibility for this recall until a machine tells them otherwise. And until that day comes, they'll keep selling me new batteries and other false hopes to fix.

- Calgary, HI, USA

Jun 182013

330 6-cyl

My vehicle appears to be part of recall on mat sensor for passenger side air bags defect, but when I called dealer they said my VIN # not in recall.. however, I have had a warning message that my passenger side airbag and or my seat belt tensioner were malfunctioning since last June, 2013.. warning is still present, so I figure my car must be one that is in fact effected and should be in the recall.. please advise.

- Woodbury, NY, USA

Jan 082014

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330xi. The contact stated that air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Riverside, CT, USA

May 152013

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact stated that the passenger restraint system warning indicator illuminated. The contact was made aware of a recall under NHTSA campaign id number 13V564000 (air bags). The dealer was notified of the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the defect. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 91,000.

- Maimi Garden, FL, USA

Oct 012013

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number 13V564000 (air bags) in January. The contact was informed that the vehicle would be repaired in March. The contact spoke to the dealer and manufacturer on several occasions and was informed that the parts were unavailable. The vehicle was not repaired and was experiencing the defect listed in the recall. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Buena Park, CA, USA

May 082014

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330xi. The contact stated that the air bag sensor illuminated intermittently on multiple occasions. The sensor indicated that the passenger restraint system malfunctioned and to please contact your dealer. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 153,000.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

May 062014

330 6-cyl

I am an owner of 2006 BMW 330I sedan with sports seat (manufacture date: 5/2005). Recently, the passenger airbag sensor became malfunction, and the passenger side airbag is indicated as 'passenger airbag off' as the result. After researching on NHTSA website, I noticed that this is a known issue, and BMW is issuing a recall on affected vehicles. However, in further reviewing the related documents on the NHTSA website, although BMW has recalled 2006 330I sedan with sport seats, the manufacture date of the affected vehicles that are included in the recall are from Dec 2005 to Sept 2006, and because of this, it excludes my vehicle. With other complaints listed, it is clear that the same issue has impacted a lot of owners of 2006 330I sedan with sport seat prior to the manufacture date that BMW has specified on the recall. Due to this reason, the recall should have been considered to include earlier manufacture date of the model considered this is not an isolated issue.

- San Bruno, CA, USA

Nov 132013

330 6-cyl

I received a recall notice from BMW in January 2014 (recall campaign number 13V-564: Front passenger air bag seat occupancy sensor mat). The recall notice states that in the current condition, the vehicle is unsafe to drive with a passenger in the front passenger seat. The recall notice states that the parts needed to perform the repair are scheduled to be available in March 2014. It is now May 6, 2014 and BMW customer relations has indicated that the parts are still not available and they are unable to provide an estimate on when they will be. It has now been nearly 5 months since receiving the original recall notice. During this time I essentially have a vehicle that is unsafe to drive with a passenger in the front passenger seat. BMW does not appear to be taking this issue seriously and providing a prompt resolution to this problem. I have placed repeated calls into BMW customer relations and continue to be informed that nothing can be done until the required parts are made available. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

- Woodinville, WA, USA

Apr 302014

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact stated while driving approximately 40 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. There was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 13V564000 (air bags), however the VIN was not included. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- San Francisco , CA, USA

Jul 012013

330 6-cyl

Vehicle airbag warning and passenger seatbelt warning lamp are displayed simultaneously with passenger "airbag off" lamp illuminated. As a result, front passenger side airbag is disabled in case of a crash. BMW has issued a partial recall on other models (NHTSA campaign 13V-564) citing a defect with regards to the seat occupancy sensor mat but will not honor a recall on this particular vehicle, which is clearly affected by the issue. Without repair a crash may very well result in undue physical harm to a passenger.

- Summit, NJ, USA

Dec 182013

330 6-cyl

BMW 2006 325I. Driver's and/or front passenger's airbags malfunctioning light in red I have contacted performance BMW(919-942-3191) in chapel hill, nc who states my vehicle is not part of this recall. I have asked the service person that I spoke with (monica) to help with contacting BMW and they refused, stating they did have the phone number. I would like to ask that BMW usa please include my vehicle in the recall due to the safety that is involved with the possibility of the air bags not deploying if the vehicle were to be hit or involved in an accident. NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 component(s): Air bags potential number of units affected: 76,565 manufacturer: BMW of North America, llc

- Cary, NC, USA

Mar 082014

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 3 series. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, the passenger's side air bag warning indicator illuminated. The failure was recurring for three weeks. There was a recall notification related to the failure under NHTSA campaign id number 08V384000(air bags). The vehicle was not taken to dealer. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. It was not confirmed if the vehicle was included in the recall. The approximate failure mileage was 114, 000.,,updated 04-23-14

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Jan 222014

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 3 series. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign id number 13V564000 (air bags) however, the contact was unable to have the vehicle serviced under the recall due to the unavailability of the part. The manufacturer was notified of the problem and they were not able to provide an expected date for the part to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 05/19/14 the consumer stated the first time the warning light illuminated was in 2009. The dealer and manufacturer refused acknowledge a safety issue. Passengers have not been permitted to ride in the front seating area. Updated 05/28/2014

- Fair Oaks, CA, USA

Dec 112013

330 6-cyl

On the day of December 11, 2013 I began to encounter my passenger airbag sensor go off and on intermittently. As I write this today the sensor is always on. I now drive with questionable passenger safety on the daily.

- Oxnard, CA, USA

Feb 272014

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330xi. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag light erroneously illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that mat sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 13V564000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 190,000.

- York, PA, USA

Feb 252014

330 6-cyl

The airbag log is constantly on even if no passenger is sitting in the seat. This appears to be a defect in the sensor. However BMW lists other models but not the 330I with this VIN number. This is a serious safety issue. This needs to be recalled for all bmws. With so many complaints on the internet BMW needs to fix this problem.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Oct 012013

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330xi 3 series. The contact stated that the front passenger's side air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for a diagnosis. The dealer diagnosed that the seat occupancy sensor pad needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number:13V564000 (airbags). The failure mileage was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. Updated 3/31/14

- Middletown, CT, USA

Sep 232013

330 6-cyl

The front passenger airbag warning showed up. Took to the shop they charged me $1200 to replace the front passenger seat sensor mat. I see that there is a recall issued by BMW to fix this in 2006 3 series. I want to get my refund for the repairs which I have already got done.

- Union City, CA, USA