2006 BMW 330 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 330:

2006 BMW 330 Owner Comments (Page 9 of 12)

Jul 012012

330

I have a 2006 BMW 330I. My airbag light is on due to a crack in the mat in the passenger seat. I took it to the dealer to be diagnosed. It will cost me over $1000 to have it repaired! my VIN is not included in the recall even though it has the same problems as the recall! this means my airbag won't deploy if an accident were to happen! I have four teenagers and two of them drive this vehicle! I think my children's safety is of the utmost importance! teen drivers are at a higher risk of accidents. All of the 2006 330I need to be included in the recall! I found many other complaints about the same problems!

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Feb 072013

330 6-cyl

Warning light has appeared indicating air bag fault. Code check reveals a defect in the passenger seat airbag sensor. Numerous reports of same fault have been reported and recalls have been issued for same model in us and Canada however does not include this VIN. Bmwna and BMW Canada both deny responsibility for this known defect for this VIN. BMW North America may be evading responsibility to repair this safety issue by only recognizing accountability for very few specific vehicles.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Feb 062013

330

Driver air bag light came on 2006 BMW 330I while driving at 30 mph in city and its still on. The car have just 19K approx miles. I called the dealer and they said my VIN doesn't have any recall and will charge me $171 to just diagnose. I looked online and found recall # 08V384000 on same issue. Posting on Feb 7th 2013. This is a safety concern and I need to get it fixed as airbag won't be deployed in case of accident. Hope BMW fixes it.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Oct 112011

330

Airbag light has came on and off and now stays on due to a crack in the map on the passenger seat. My VIN does not fit the recall on the exact thing for other vehicles.

- Shelby, NC, USA

Dec 222012

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact stated that the air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed that the sensors on the front passenger seat had failed due to small cracks having developed in the mat. The contact was informed of the recall. Both the dealer and the manufacturer informed the contact that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileage was 112,000.

- Newark, DE, USA

Dec 152009

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they advised the contact that the air bag sensor for the passenger's seat needed to be replaced. In addition, the contact was advised that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000( air bags:frontal). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure but provided no assistance to the contact. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Garden Valley, CA, USA

Aug 012012

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact stated that the passenger front air bag warning light illuminated intermittently; however, over time the warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer stated the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags: Frontal) the failure mileage was 64,000 and current mileage was 66,000. Updated 12/31/12 updated 1/4/2013

- Belmont, CA, USA

Sep 192012

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 3 series. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 60 mph, the passenger air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for a diagnostic testing. The technician stated that the passenger seat mat sensor plug needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags: Frontal). The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000 and the current mileage was 56,700.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Sep 012011

330

The air bag and passenger seat belt restraint warning lamps illuminated randomly. Now both lamps remain on continually when vehicle is on. The overhead light indicating that the passenger air bag is off is also illuminated. This is a known safety recall for other BMW vehicles. However, according to BMW of North America my particular VIN is not part of the recall. Now, when I am driving with a passenger I am putting their lives at risk because of this defect.

- Bremen, IN, USA

Sep 012011

330 6-cyl

The airbag warning lamp came on and stayed on. At the same time the overhead warning light came on indicating that the passenger side airbag was deactivated. These warning lights have been on continually for over a year. There has been a recall for this situation for other 2006 BMW 3-series but according to BMW my VIN is not part of the recall as of 11/20/2012L. I find it hard to believe that my car being affected by this known issue is just a coincidence.

- Bremen, IN, USA

Nov 012012

330 6-cyl

My airbag light kept beeping at me every few minutes. It did not matter whether I had a passenger or not. I looked the issue up online and came across a recall that my car was known for. The mat under the passenger seat had malfunctioned and kept throwing off my airbag light. This would not allow my airbag to deploy in an accident.I was notified that the fix was going to be $$$. I had to have it fixed since its my only car and needed it in working order. BMW was contacted 3 different times about my problem and they acknowledged that it infact was a recall but all 3 times they said my VIN number did not qualify. When will my car qualify? I just spent 900 dollars to get the issue fixed and would like to be reimbursed.

- Pasco, WA, USA

Mar 162011

330 6-cyl

My passenger airbag sensor light went off, and after running $125 worth of diagnostics, BMW determined that my front passenger seat occupant detection mat, has failed and it would cost $987 to repair. After looking online I found that there was a recall on this part for 2006 3 series, however for some reason my VIN number was not included in the recall. I have the exact same part number installed in my car as the recalled part number, however by some glitch, my car is not covered since it is VIN specific, and not year/model specific. This is incredibly disheartening, and my passenger's safety are in jeopardy due to a VIN# loophole. I looked online and there is a flood of people with the same issue on the same vehicle, not covered due to a crafty loophole.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

Nov 012012

330 6-cyl

To whom it may concern, my passenger airbag sensor light and passenger seat belt light came on unexpectedly while driving. After doing a bit of research on the internet I found that there was a similar issue others were having with the same model car 2006 BMW 325I sedan E90 series and there is an ongoing recall 08V384000. So I decided to contact my local BMW dealership to see if my car was covered in the recall they said no and quoted me a price of well over 1400 dollars to fix. I have since found out that in the event of a collision that my passenger airbag will not deploy. After, further research I feel that my model is also an affected in this recall (08V384000). I hope that this submission will not fall on deaf ears. I am doing this for all the others like me affected by this issue and demand service to fix a known safety issue for us and for our passengers. Regards

- Saugus , CA, USA

Oct 012011

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact stated that while entering the vehicle, the air bag warning light erroneously illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the issue and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The failure mileage was 75,000 and the current mileage was 125,000.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Oct 312012

330 6-cyl

Air bag warning lamp and passenger air bag "on-off" light remains on. According to an nbc news story on 8/13/2008, the NHTSA opened an investigation into this and BMW later announced recall of the 2006 3-series BMW for this problem. When I contacted BMW regarding this exact same problem in my 2006 BMW 330I, they say it is not included in the recall. I took the car to the BMW dealer, and they verified the problem (faulty seat occupancy detector) but said they would charge me $1,090 to fix it.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Oct 022012

330 6-cyl

The passenger occupancy mat sensor is faulty.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 212012

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 3 series. While parked, the contact noticed that the air bag warning light was illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic was unable to diagnose the failure. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) that could have been related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised that the VIN was not included in the recall campaign. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Vernon, NY, USA

Mar 012012

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330 xi. The contact stated that while the front passenger seat was occupied, the air bag warning light illuminated erroneously. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was confirmed that the weight sensor for the front passenger seat had failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The failure mileage was 118,000 and the current mileage was 125,000. The VIN was not available.

- Creston, IA, USA

Oct 102012

330 6-cyl

Sitting in parking lot, engine off, key in ign (listening to radio). Air-bag warning lamp lights and has been on steady ever since. Passenger air bag disabled indicator also on. Called dealer to make appointment. I inquired about the recall and service advisor says no active recalls on my car. Seems that this is the exact fault identified in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000. This car has the "sport seats" which are specifically identified in the recall.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Jul 152012

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact stated that while parked the air bag warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The light remained on constantly. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnose that the air bag sensor in the front passenger side seat needed to be replaced. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags: Frontal) that may be related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 72,000..updated 11/05/12 updated 11/07/2012

- Odenton, MD, USA