- May 25: GM Duramax Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 4 days ago
- May 18: GM Recalls Chevy Spark to Fix Passenger Airbags recalls | 11 days ago
- May 18: Crash Tests: Tesla Model S, BMW i3, Chevy Volt and Toyota Prius Prime news | 11 days ago
- April 30: GM Headlamp Driver Module Recall Investigated investigations | 29 days ago
- March 5: Chevy Cruze Emissions Lawsuit Will Continue news | 85 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
Worst 2004 Cavalier engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine stalls/shuts off while driving9
- check engine light comes on2
- engine head cracked2
- timing chain broke2
- screeching noise just after starting engine1
- service engine soon light is on1
- warning lights come on when put in reverse1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control20
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling8
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine7
- NHTSA: Engine6
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cavalier Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cavalier compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cavalier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cavalier.