2008 Chevrolet Cobalt accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Jul 182011

Cobalt 4-cyl

This is a 3 year old 2008 GM Cobalt with less than 35,000 mile. I was out running errands 7/18/11. I drove in to parking spot and attempted to turn my car off. The key did not turn to turn the car off nor could I remove the key from the ignition. I drove my car to GM dealer and was told the ignition cylinder needed replacement. I was surprised because the car is only 3 years old and I had no other problem. I have owned two other cars, one for 10 yrs and one for 11 yrs never at any time did I have any problem with getting the key from the ignition or problems turning my car off. I believe that the ignition cylinder was defective and so I should not be responsible for paying for a defective part to be replaced. Thank you for the opportunity to enter my complaint.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jul 062011

Cobalt 4-cyl

Ignition key would not turn off. Had to have ignition switch replaced.

- Mcdonald, TN, USA