2009 Chevrolet Cobalt accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Dec 272013

My car radio automatically switches to aux on its own. This is not just when I go over a bump, or when I'm driving. I can be sitting in a parking lot listening to a radio waiting and out of nowhere the radio cuts out and I look and its in aux mode. I first noticed it doing this when I would come out to my car. I have a remote start and my radio is always on but the volume turned down. For the past month or two I noticed when I came out to my car it was on aux. I knew I didn't leave it that way, so I was so confused on how this could have happened. I would switch it to radio and while I drove to my destination it was fine. Then it started to get worse, happening while I'm sitting in my car in the morning. I'd turn it to radio and seconds later it was switching to aux. I'd be driving down the highway and out of nowhere I lose the radio and look and it's on aux. It's not happening just because I'm driving over a bump, or its getting bumped somehow. It now happens everytime I use my vehicle. If I've remoted started my car, I always come out to it on aux, even though I know for a fact I have not left it that way. I started just turning the radio off when I get out of my car.

- Appleton, WI, USA