2.0

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Oct 212016

Cobalt

After starting the car the transmission bucks rough causing the front wheels to slip and causing the stability light to come on. Sometimes the vehicle bucks so hard and so many times it will stall out creating a very dangerous situation... my son's co-worker and friend has the same car and the same exact problem... I feel it is an issue with the transmissinon

- Brockton, MA, USA

Jan 312016

Cobalt

Engine power reduced shows on display and car drops to 10 mph in the middle of turning, accelerating or other hazardous instances. Have had several close calls with collisions.

- Shorewood, IL, USA

Oct 022015

Cobalt

Was driving at highway speeds going up a incline (hill) when my car chimed and a message read (engine power reduced) was in the outside passing lane with a semi behind me passing a slower moving car. Car power reduced to 30mph and lunged like not getting enough fuel. I barely missed a narrow escape of getting rear ended. Got over in the slow lane the highway become narrow with no shoulder to pull over so I was going to drive till I could pull over but them another chime and my dash read (engine disabled) and motor shut off. Coast to someone's driveway and set there shaking from being scared for about 15 minutes. Decided to try ignition and the car restarted and was able to limp to a pull off and call for a tow home. I realize my car is out of warranty and has 119K miles on it but nobody should be faced with a situation like I was put in. Also I contacted my local dealer months ago about my ignition recall and was told they would order the parts then call me to bring my car in and like I said that was almost 3 months ago and I have heard nothing no phone call.

- Vanceburg, KY, USA

Dec 042014

Cobalt 4-cyl

Driving on the highway at 60 mph when all electrical dashboard went down. First light to come on the vehicle was the security system light which was explained to me that your car is suppose to shut down if stolen then it went off after a few minutes. Once that light went off then the vehicle ABS, traction control lights came on and the vehicle could not pick up speed nor drove properly or safely. The vehicle cruise control also went off. Power steering light came on too. The vehicle lost power for ABS, traction control, cruise control and power steering. Once pulled over on side of the road the check engine light came on too. Tried to start driving the vehicle again to get it off the highway vehicle was difficult to drive couldn't reach speed very slow - did not drive properly. Safely pulled over again and shut vehicle off. Check engine light and other lights on dash stayed on. Could not get key out of ignition it stayed in the 2nd switch stuck (not running). Tow truck driver had to come and tow because vehicle wouldn't start nor would the key come out. Finally tow truck driver was able to get the key out of the ignition and towed it to a shop. Next day shop turned on the vehicle and could not find anything wrong. Dealer could not find anything wrong with electrical panel. Ran numerous test on vehicle including dealer driving vehicle and still nothing could be found. They say they can't fix anything because nothing is wrong with my car. Obviously there is something wrong with Chevrolet vehicles and the electrical panels going down in which I lost all cruise control, traction control, ABS, electronic stability control and panic braking assist operation. Thankfully I was not in an accident and was able to pull off the highway safely.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Apr 162014

Cobalt 4-cyl

Me encontraba manejando mi carro en cuestion sobre la long beach blv. Y la market street cuando de repente el timon del carro SE puso duro Y SE me hacia dificil maniobrar el carro Y no podia controlar el timo npor lo duro que estaba. SE prendio una luz en la pantalla del carro que me decia power steering. Y solo con mucho esfuerzo pude parquearme en una calle Y apagar el carro.hiba con mi hija de 9 anos Y nos dimos gran susto.el carro hoy 17 de abril 2014 lo lleve al chevronlet de harbor.telefono 562 4248116.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Sep 212013

Cobalt

As im driving, all of a sudden the power steering light flashes on my dash board and I lose power steering on the vehicle.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Jul 082010

Cobalt 4-cyl

I purchased the vehicle in February 2010 and I didn't start noticing problems till around summer but they were not that bad till September were the car started showing strange electrical and steering issue. I received the recall letter in October and had the power steering issue fixed but its still have issues were the vehicle will swerve back and forth in return I will have to keep my hands on the steering wheel to try to keep it from hitting other vehicles on the highway. Then the blower motor that blows the hot and cold air sometimes istatically revs up high and I have to turn of the heater. Also I have noticed that the brakes squeal and I only have 10,300 miles. I have also noticed that the needles on the gauges in the dash tend to twitch radically when I turn the vehicle off sometimes. Then at times the car when turned on will start to act as if it was to shut off and the lights would all dim and then it would stabilize. It has done that on the highway making steering difficult at times. The engine as well had made knocking noises to its been an off and on thing.

- Berea, OH, USA