2010 Chevrolet Cobalt lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Aug 042016

Cobalt

I have had my car in the shop multiple times for lights dimming within the vehicle, replacing the front head light and the radio not working. Have been told the headlights wires are melted, the car genuinely has an electrical problem but no recalls. This is incredibly unsafe to have electric wires burning out and melting.

- Elizabeth, CO, USA

Sep 062015

Cobalt

I noticed that there was no turn signal sound indicating the turn signal was in use. At the same time I also noticed that all of the warning indicator sounds were also not working (set belt, door open with key in, low tire pressure, ect) none of the warning sounds are now working. It seems that the left front speaker is used for the transmitting of the warning sounds thus there is no sound from the left speaker. None the less I feel that with the warning sounds not working this is a safety issue. Everytime I start my car the svc light stays on all the time, my tires are always wobbly while slowing down and driving. Same as I have heard from others. Got in a hit and run if I have side air bags they didnt geploy

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Oct 022015

Cobalt

In the fall of 2015 I noticed that there was no turn signal sound indicating the turn signal was in use. At the same time I also noticed that all of the warning indicator sounds were also not working (set belt, door open with key in, low tire pressure, ect) none of the warning sounds are now working. It seems that the left front speaker is used for the transmitting of the warning sounds thus there is no sound from the left speaker. None the less I feel that with the warning sounds not working this is a safety issue.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Apr 102014

Cobalt 4-cyl

The turn signal lever is not consistently working any more. It sometimes will not activate the turn signals upon demand. The lever has to be pushed on or jiggled the then lights operate. It sometimes turns on the turn signals after the turn is complete at the lever automatically moves back to the neutral position. The two main drivers of this vehicle have both observed this problem.

- Bennington, VT, USA

Sep 152012

Cobalt

I notice as I was driving that my brake lights would stay on when I am not pushing on the brake. It does not matter the speed that I am going. But when I do push on the brakes the lights go off, which I don't think should be happening since the driver behind me will not know that I am stopping. This is something that I don't think this should be happening on a car that was 2 years old at the time this started. I have been told by my dealership that other customer have complained about the same issue.

- Greenville, NC, USA

Jul 082010

Cobalt 4-cyl

I purchased the vehicle in February 2010 and I didn't start noticing problems till around summer but they were not that bad till September were the car started showing strange electrical and steering issue. I received the recall letter in October and had the power steering issue fixed but its still have issues were the vehicle will swerve back and forth in return I will have to keep my hands on the steering wheel to try to keep it from hitting other vehicles on the highway. Then the blower motor that blows the hot and cold air sometimes istatically revs up high and I have to turn of the heater. Also I have noticed that the brakes squeal and I only have 10,300 miles. I have also noticed that the needles on the gauges in the dash tend to twitch radically when I turn the vehicle off sometimes. Then at times the car when turned on will start to act as if it was to shut off and the lights would all dim and then it would stabilize. It has done that on the highway making steering difficult at times. The engine as well had made knocking noises to its been an off and on thing.

- Berea, OH, USA