2010 Chevrolet Cobalt suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Mar 302014

The cruise control works sometimes then for no reason will cut off and stop working. In the last 8 days when I start up the car to drive and get on the road, severe shaking of the car like a flat tire or the front end was out of alignment. The first time I called on star for assistance. They found nothing wrong? it stopped both times after about 8 min of driving. It was scary. When I park the car the dial hands on the dash the tac. And the speed dial jump like a shortage in it. Not long after I bought the car, the power steering failed with me and the car shut off several times. I took it to vidalia ga for repair. They gave it back to me and said if it happened again to push the info button and restart the car. I am scared of my car. Help me please.

- Mount Vernon, GA, USA

Apr 012011

Cobalt 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt. While driving at any speed, the contact stated that the vehicle was very difficult to steer. The dealer advised the contact that the vehicle was operating as designed. The manufacturer had not been notified of the failure. No repairs were performed. The current mileage is 13,000 and the failure mileage was 12,000. Updated 8/29/11 updated 09/21/11

- Biloxi, MS, USA

Dec 032010

Suspension sounds like we are bottoming the car out all the time. It can happen anytime we meet a crook in the road. Sounds like the car is going to break in half. We feel this problem could end up resulting in a catastrophic disaster. Took it in and the dealership said that the battery bracket (which is located in the trunk, who would've thought) was loose and the fuel protector bracket was loose (on the front of the car). The dealership tightened the brackets and said all was fixed. We drove out of the parking lot and we still heard the problem. We have called the service department back and they said, "it's gotta be something else!" we have also been putting in complaints on the comfort of this vehicle. If you plan on traveling for more than 10 miles at a time, do not purchase a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT2. Our daughter in which is only 25 yrs old couldn't even ride in this car for 20 minutes without getting a backache. These cars are horrible in the winter snow and ice. They are of no comparison to the original Chevrolet cavalier. They really should look into going back to those little cars, for they are great little cars all the way around. I have a 2002, and am so happy I still have it. I am trying to trade the Cobalt back in and gmac is telling us that we will have a high percentage rate because we haven't had the car for a year. Well we don't want this little ice skate, it is so unsafe. Who would want to keep an unsafe vehicle? I think they should really start investigated the suspension issues since upon our research, we've found this has been going on since 2006, and nobody can figure out how to fix it. Maybe that's why this is the last year for the Chevy Cobalt. They should all be taken off the market on recalls and people should be compensated for their heart ache and unsatisfactory outcomes. Someone needs to research this and get it taken care of. This is America!

- East Jordan, MI, USA

Feb 032010

2006 Cobalt steering problem vibrates and shakes.

- Crimora, VA, USA