3.8

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Jun 172013

Cobalt 4-cyl

Arrived at my destination and the key was stuck in the on position. I have a manual transmission and had to drop the clutch and stall it to kill the engine. Car is out of warranty by 1 month for bumper to bumper. Talked with my local dealer and after discussing it with GM said they would cover the $300-$400 repair with $100 deductible. I ordered an aftermarket ignition cylinder for $42 and replaced it myself. I found the spring for one of the tumblers popped out of place when I removed the original. Poor design.

- Nampa, ID, USA