CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year for Chevrolet's replacement for the S-10.

3.7

2004 Chevrolet Colorado lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Colorado:

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 262005

Colorado

Chevy Colorado I had my truck for about 1 year. I had actually almost got killed on the highway due to the lights being out. *brake lights*. this is happening to many people I talk to. I think Chevy needs to get there stuff together before people get killed and hurt over a relay switch not working properly.

- Nutley, NJ, USA

Dec 162005

Colorado 4WD 5-cyl

A friend who happened to be driving behind me made me aware of the fact that I had absolutely no brake lights. I have no idea as to the length of time that I have been driving around in this unsafe condition. I have had other vehicles tailgate me on several occasions, now I know why. Although I am entering Dec 16 05 as the incident date, this is the date it was first brought to my attention. I have no idea as to how long it was like this. I took it to the dealer on 12-19-05 and I left it there until they replaced my brake light switch on 12-20-05 (because they had to get one from another dealer). They said they have not received any information on this problem as to a recall, etc. This is a serious safety issue!!! I have read that others have this problem repeat and I pray that I don't get rear-ended or end up dead because of a faulty switch. I now will not let my wife drive it until a permanent fix is released, which I hope is very soon. Thanks for your consideration.

- Shenandoah, PA, USA

Oct 012005

Colorado 5-cyl

The brake light switch has failed after owning car for two weeks.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 292005

Colorado 4WD 5-cyl

Brake lights have failed four times in 18 months. All dealer does is replace switch. The first time they failed I noticed 2 vehicles nearly rear ending me. Then someone told me I had no brake lights. Now I know brake lights are out when cruise control quits working. GM wants to give $2,500 to trade vehicle but shouldn't they be required to fix problem. I can't trade without discussing this problem reducing my trade in value.

- Cocoa, FL, USA