Print this page Notes: Top complaints for the 2006 Chevy Impala include how the transmission slips, clunks and fails. Or how the power steering knocks and squeals. In other words, this car is a noisy bucket of eventual failure points.

2006 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Impala:

2006 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 222013

Impala 6-cyl

I purchased this car used at 115,000 miles in February of 2013. On my way taking my children to school on March 22,2013 my service traction light begin to flash followed by reduced power light. Now I'm doing 45 miles an hour with cars right on my tail and had to get over in the other keep someone from running into the back of me. But this morning of May 10,2013 did it for me. On the way taking them to school it happened again, but I had to swerve off the road. My babies were all shook up.something really needs to be done about this, because this could be very fatal. No one wants to lose there life behind this. There are far to many complaints of this issue. The guy I purchased it from kept up the maintenance on it and so have I. I have put more money into this car than I have anyone of my others and they were older. I paid a good bit of money for this car, and as we all no money is not easy to come by these days. Have a blessed day.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 012012

Impala 6-cyl

"reduced engine power" service code P2138. On 05/01/2012 while driving through an intersection my engine power was reduced to 3, maybe 5 mph. I was trying to get through that intersection without the acceleration that was so desperately needed. This is definitely a safety issue. In addition to being concerned about getting into an accident, I'm fearful I will be the one causing a fatal pile up. I have been to the Chevrolet dealer 4 times and they were unable to fix this problem.

- Forest Hills, Ny, NY, USA

Jan 022012

My car is giving a reduced engine light, traction control and now starting disabled. The car will not start or dies in process of driving car. This is dangerous and I have rea this is not the first time.

- Littlefield, TX, USA