CarComplaints.com Notes: Top complaints for the 2006 Chevy Impala include how the transmission slips, clunks and fails. Or how the power steering knocks and squeals. In other words, this car is a noisy bucket of eventual failure points.

2006 Chevrolet Impala lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Impala:

2006 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Nov 012015

Impala

Headlights flicker, driving down the road and parked. Also battery drains every year.

- Moose Lake, MN, USA

Jun 072013

Impala

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while stopped at a median, another vehicle that was driving approximately 55 mph crashed into the front passenger's side of the vehicle. The contact stated that the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was towed to a impound lot. An independent mechanic repaired the vehicle however, the contact stated that the horn and the drivers side headlight failed shortly afterward. The failure mileage was 200,000.

- Greenwood , MS, USA

Mar 192014

Impala 6-cyl

Car hard to steer and turn, hit a concrete barrier damage the left front bumper, light, body frame on left side of the car.

- Morrisville, NC, USA

Mar 132012

Impala

From time to time I hear some banging noise like someone is in my trunk or like it the side. I'm not sure what it. Also my power steering make noise all the time. And my driver side headlight bulb comes loose and blows out a lot. It seems like it's something with the connector. To many issues with this car.

- Vadnais Hts , MN, USA

Mar 202012

Impala

The electrical in the car is messed up. I turn to the right and my radio shuts off, also if its dark out and my lights are on and I put the windows down the lights down as I'm pressing the button to put them down.

- Andover , NH, USA

Dec 012011

Impala 6-cyl

At the time my Chevy had 105,000 miles on it the transmission went out, so I got it rebuilt it hasn't quite been a year a now the new transmission is stalling and not shifting correctly at times. Also when using my turn signal to turn just as the wheel straightens up and the turn signal turns off it triggers the high beams to come on, this only happens if it's cold out or raining.

- Apopka, FL, USA