2007 Chevrolet Impala engine problems: head gasket leaking

Head Gasket Leaking

2007 Chevrolet Impala

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

7.0

$1,222.00

1. dealer fixed under 100,000 mile warranty (3 reports)
2007 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Impala:

2007 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Mar 122012

Impala LTZ 3.9L V6 Afm

Car was brought in for a check up as I bought the vehicle the friday before. Gm garage found the issue and said that it is a problem with all GM V6 car engines. It is a normal on all 3.5L engines, and its hit and miss on the 3.6L and 3.9L. Mine has the 3.9L with Active Fuel Management. I have just about had it with these crap cars! had 2 priors 04 GP GT and 09 G6 GT... both are in junk yards due to fire! Should have known another GM car was nothing but problems!

The head gasket was leaking oil onto the outside of the engine on both engine banks. This is a problem GM should be addressing! RECALL????

2 friends also brought there cars in (09 impala 3.5L, and 08 G6 3.5L) both are in need of the same fix!!! This is bull! Why cant GM fix what the screwed up?

- , Mountian Iron, MN, USA

Aug 222013

Impala LT 3.5L V6

I brought the car to the local Chevy dealer for a four wheel alignment and oil change today and they inspected the car and found out that the lower intake gasket was bad and the oil has been leaking on both sides of the motor. I was so surprised because I have not seen any sign of the oil on my driveway. I asked how much would it cost for the repair? they said it would cost $1200.00. I started complaining.... In short, the manager called and talked to GM rep. Fortunately I only pay $400.00 for the repair. GM will pay for the rest of it.

- , Akron, OH, USA

Nov 162012

Impala LS 3.5L V6

Second GM vehicle I've owned with this problem. Pulled into the dealership for an oil change and realized the heater was blowing cold air. Tech had to add a gallon of coolant. Never noticed the problem before that day. I knew it was an intake or head gasket leak. No coolant on the garage floor, because it was leaking into the cylinder and evaporating during combustion.

I actually had a Pontiac Grand Am that we traded in when we leased this vehicle with the same problem, think it was a 98. I new it was losing coolant, just kept adding it and eventually stuck the dealership with it.

The dealer originally wanted $1255 for the repair. When I questioned the service tech he sent me to his manager who lowered the price to $500. Apparently GM and the dealership were willing to pay for a portion of the repair. Not happy about paying for any of it. Will see how it goes when I pick up the vehicle.

- , Grand Blanc, MI, USA

Oct 122012

Impala

Took car in because need oil change found the leak, then just 625.00 to fix,on top of tire sensor out and heater blows cold air.

- , fort myers, fl, USA

Sep 252009

Impala LT 3.5L V6

Surprised the car had this problem with only 26000 miles on it. I would think GM would want customers to return!

- , Canal Fulton, OH, USA

Oct 132008

Impala LS 3.5L

The car began loosing heat at a light. Then I checked the coolant and it was low. This fixed the heat issue, but I noticed the drivers side oil pan had oil residue on it like the rear seal was leaking. Ended up the head gasket on the rear of the motor was leaking coolant and oil from above. This is covered under the 100,000 mile warranty.

- , Massillon, OH, USA