2012 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Impala:

2012 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jan 032012

Impala 6-cyl

Engine makes a ticking noise or knocking noise while accelerating, I'm very concerned with this being that this noise started the next day after I had the car home from the dealership. I'm hoping this isn't a safety concern but it sure is a customer dissatisfaction. The dealer has tried to isolate the noise and could not and said I would have to wait for the manufacturer GM to figure out what is wrong. I'm very depressed about this having spent good money on a new car just to have it make more noise that a 40 year old car, and then being told I have to wait till someone complains enough to see if it can be fixed. I been told that this is a new engine in the Impala and now am wondering if this engine is going to become a problem for thousands of people like myself. I have read some major concerns from people about the 06 Impala and hope this isn't where my car is headed. Any help that I could get would be very appreciated, thank you.

- Lackawanna, NY, USA