2005 Chevrolet Suburban transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Suburban:

2005 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Jan 072005

Suburban

2005 Chevrolet Suburban (less than 1 week old) -car was placed into park on a driveway with hill -parking foot brake was engaged -I left the vehicle and started walking into this house -at 30 yds I heard something behind me and turned to realize the car was rolling -I ran back, jumped into the car and slammed the brake on -I tested this 3 more times and repeated this condition. -the dashboard indicator is saying the car is in park, but it is not locking -an additional concern was that parking brake did not hold up with 3 children in my household this is a major concern. Not to mention it nearly ran me over. This is a brand new car!!! not more than 400 miles on it. Car is currently being looked at by the Chevy dealer. This is serious and thought it was important to inform the Agency.I*= -

- West Simsbury, CT, USA