- May 22: Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain Oil Consumption Bulletin Issued news | 3 days ago
- May 19: GM To Offer Compensation For Overstating Fuel Economy news | 6 days ago
- May 16: GM Says Popular SUVs Have Wrong Window Stickers news | 9 days ago
- May 15: Chevy Camaro Owners File Lawsuit Over 'Service Airbag' Lights news | 10 days ago
- May 15: GM Recalls 317,000 Vehicles With Radio and Chime Problems recalls | 10 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 37,247 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- replaced the battery (6 reports)
- charge battery (1 reports)