- April 18: Cars Without Airbags Receive 'Zero' Stars in Safety Tests news | 14 days ago
- April 16: GM Recalls 1 Million Chevy and GMC Trucks recalls | 16 days ago
- April 11: GM Up 3 to 1 in New York Ignition Switch Trials news | 21 days ago
- March 29: Call the Cops! Chevrolet Caprice Police Cars Recalled recalls | 34 days ago
- March 26: GM Recalls Chevy Malibu To Replace Side Airbag Modules recalls | 37 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 37,247 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- replaced the battery (6 reports)
- charge battery (1 reports)