- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 5 days ago
- November 23: NHTSA Delays GM Takata Airbag Recall Deadline recalls | 11 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 30 days ago
- November 2: Automakers Must Pay For Airbag Repairs if Takata Goes Bankrupt news | 32 days ago
- October 22: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 43 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 37,247 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- replaced the battery (6 reports)
- charge battery (1 reports)