- December 20: General Motors Recalls 2017 Chevy Malibu Cars recalls | 30 days ago
- December 15: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Minnesota news | 35 days ago
- December 14: Chevy Sonic Gas Mileage Lawsuit Says MPG is Wrong news | 36 days ago
- December 11: GM Recalls Chevy Tahoe Police SUVs at Risk of Fires recalls | 39 days ago
- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 51 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 37,247 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- replaced the battery (6 reports)
- charge battery (1 reports)