- February 9: Chevy Cruze Lawsuit Says Steering Wheels Lock news | 1 days ago
- January 7: 2015 Chevy Corvette Lawsuit Says Car is Defective news | 34 days ago
- January 5: General Motors Recalls SUVs Due To Rowdy Robotic Welder recalls | 36 days ago
- December 29: GM Recalls Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Trucks recalls | 43 days ago
- December 21: GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity Lawsuit Filed news | 51 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 37,247 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- replaced the battery (6 reports)
- charge battery (1 reports)