- May 13: General Motors Recalls 523,000 Vehicles To Fix Seat Belts and Seats
- May 10: Duramax Diesel Engine Lawsuit Says Engines Cause Loss of Fuel Economy
- May 4: Chevrolet Malibu Recalled to Fix Shift Selector Problems
- April 24: GM Recalls Older Cars To Fix Fire Risk From Leaking Gaskets
- April 11: Steering Wheels Stick in the Chevy Cruze, Malibu and Buick Verano
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 37,247 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- replaced the battery (6 reports)
- charge battery (1 reports)