- June 21: GM Sued For Mail and Wire Fraud, $10 Billion At Stake
- June 16: Consumer Wants 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Investigated
- June 6: GM Recalls 15,000 Cars and Trucks, Some For Third Time
- May 13: General Motors Recalls 523,000 Vehicles To Fix Seat Belts and Seats
- May 10: Duramax Diesel Engine Lawsuit Says Engines Cause Loss of Fuel Economy
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 37,247 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- replaced the battery (6 reports)
- charge battery (1 reports)