- July 20: GM Recalls 10 Chevy Cruze and Chevy Volt Cars
- July 11: GM Recalls 98,000 Cars For Radio and Seat Belt Problems
- July 10: GM Recalls 686,000 Vehicles With Liftgates That Fall On You
- June 21: GM Sued For Mail and Wire Fraud, $10 Billion At Stake
- June 16: Consumer Wants 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Investigated
Excessive Oil Consumption
2007 Chevrolet Suburban (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 60,989 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 166 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (55 reports)
- nothing got resolved (50 reports)
- chevy needs to fix (24 reports)
- replace engine (13 reports)
- splash guard to be added in oil pan (5 reports)
- replaced cylinder heads (3 reports)