- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 1 days ago
- July 24: GM Recalls Buick, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 6 days ago
- July 21: GM Recalls 308,000 Chevy Impalas in the U.S. and Canada recalls | 9 days ago
- July 18: Chevy Cruze Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Cars Are Illegal news | 12 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 53 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2007 Chevrolet Suburban (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 62,201 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 176 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (61 reports)
- nothing got resolved (51 reports)
- chevy needs to fix (26 reports)
- replace engine (14 reports)
- splash guard to be added in oil pan (5 reports)
- replaced cylinder heads (3 reports)