CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.

The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.

6.5

2007 Chevrolet Suburban suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Suburban:

2007 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Jul 072016

Suburban

"takata recall" GM tells me that I just have to drive my defective vehicle until they come up with a repair. I also have a cracked dashboard which I think has something to do with the airbag.not safe for my family of 5. I spent $60,000 for a potential death trap!!! suspension light on and dealership wont tell me what is wrong.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Feb 082012

Suburban

I just got a call today from my mechanic and he told me that the whole rear axle had to be replaced and if I don't replace it I could have an accident. What can I do to get this replace at no cost. Is there a recall for this "??"

- Dublin , TX, USA

Jul 262008

Suburban 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. Whenever the contact would attempt to start the vehicle, it would not start. The vehicle was towed to the dealer and they stated that the suspension sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was serviced by the dealer several different times for the failure, but it still persists. The current mileage was 34,911 and failure mileage was 32,000. Updated 10/14/08. Updated 10/16/08.

- Grape Vue, WA, USA