2008 Chevrolet Suburban seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Suburban:

2008 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 062016

Suburban

Takata recall--it has now been 6 months since this recall campaign started. My dealer keeps telling me there are no parts available. I live in the high heat and humidity area which is the primary danger area prompting this recall. Meanwhile, I because of the danger I can not use the passenger seat of my vehicle. When is this problem going to get fixed so I can Transport loved ones in this vehicle? get Chevrolet, GM and takata moving on this problem.

- Southport, NC, USA

May 272016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Browns Summit, NC, USA

Sep 222016

Suburban

Cracked dashboard specially around passenger airbag - safety concern

- Cutler Bay, FL, USA

Nov 162016

Suburban

Dash cracked in multiple places, but especially around the airbag.

- Pace, FL, USA

May 272016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Nov 042016

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

May 312016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jan 012014

Takata recall

- Austin, TX, USA

May 012009

Suburban

Dashboard has major cracks around airbags and electrical components are exposed to the sun.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Aug 272016

Suburban

We need the takata airbag issue fixed for the safety of our family.

- Galena, MD, USA

Aug 162016

Suburban

"takata inflators" and dashboard cracks. I have multiple cracks in the dashboard of my 2008 Chevrolet Suburban which GM is fully aware of, and avoids the topic with every call placed with the Chevrolet customer assistance center. Now there is the potential for the airbag inflators to rupture along with fragmented dashboard parts in the event of a crash. The primary crack(s) are located right at the passenger airbag location. I cannot emphasize enough about the safety concerns I have and the lack of attention that GM has given regarding the cracks and now the airbags.

- Dameron, MD, USA

Aug 152016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V283000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Trenton, NC, USA

Apr 022015

Suburban

"takata recall" airbag has clearly deployed within the dashboard of the front passenger side. The entire dash all around the airbag is cracked and broken. The airbag is soft in the area where there should be an airbag. GM is refusing that this is an airbag issue based off of pictures and is refusing to investigate further saying that is just a broken dash and I asked for an inspection which they denied. I want to ensure my safety and passengers safety so therefore will disable the front airbag as it may not engage or may sends shards of plastic into the face of my passenger if it is ever deployed.

- Garland, TX, USA

Jan 012015

Suburban

Chevrolet dashboard cracking..... near passenger airbag and above instrument panel

- Plano, TX, USA

Dec 202015

Suburban

Dash has been replaced in 2010 and is now cracked in several spots including area around the passenger airbag.

- Panama City, FL, USA

Apr 232016

Suburban

The passenger airbag on the upper left corner has a crack on the dashboard compartment. I noticed it this past weekend & it concerns me since it is where the airbag is. I researched this and found many other trucks by GM have the exact same problem... GM needs to recall these vehicles due to this problem where the airbag may be affected.

- Westlake, LA, USA

Feb 262016

Suburban

I'm am bringing up a safety concern in my vehicle pertaining to the airbags in the front of the vehicle. I own a 2008 Suburban and recently the dash board has cracked right near the passenger air bag. I have called the Chevrolet corporate to voice my concerns and I have been told the vehicle is out of warranty so there is nothing they can do. I am really concerned if my front passenger airbags ever deploys it will cause the dash board to become a projectile. I believe this is a huge safety concern and this is the second Chevrolet that I have owned that has the same problem in the same place. The first vehicle was a 07 Chevrolet Tahoe, which Chevrolet/GM fully repaired. I had to trade my 07 Tahoe because my family got bigger and got the Suburban now it has done the same thing. I am really concerned for the safety of my family and other family's who own a Chevrolet with this same problem.

- Lacey, WA, USA

Jan 162016

Suburban

Front air bag sensors always going bad. Sensors are on backorder; this tells me other people are having this problem too. This is a major safety concern. Have a 2001 Ford escape (15 years old). Have never replaced a airbag sensor.

- Windber, PA, USA

Jan 012015

Suburban

The dashboard has a series of major cracks forward of the steering wheel and a number of cracks around the passenger front airbag. The dashboard seems extremely brittle and is now quite "flimsy" and vibrates and/or bounces up and down while driving. This has happened over time. We have not physically been in the vehicle when a crack formed or propagated. It appears that the dashboard would likely shatter upon impact thus throwing shrapnel throughout the vehicle.

- Lakeland, TN, USA

Jun 152013

Suburban

The dashboard is cracked and broken at pass. Airbag and center of the dash, and is really broken above the console area.

- Bartlett, TN, USA