2011 Chevrolet Suburban miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Suburban:

2011 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 012014

Cracked dashboard over passenger-side front airbag. Cracked dashboard over instrument cluster.

- Bridgewater, NJ, USA

Dec 012015

Dashboard cracking potentially affecting the use of the airbag and the electrical components under the dashboard on the drivers side.

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 232015

Got in my SUV this morning to leave for work and noticed a huge crack middle way of the dash coming up to the top hump where controls are located. As I have researched I see there are many complaints regarding this issue. When paying over $30,000 for a vehicle, you should not have to be reporting cracks on your dash. I feel this may cause an issue with airbags going off as they should if ever in an accident. This should most definitely be repaired by GM asap. If there are this many issues with all GM makes then there is obviously a problem that needs to be addressed.

- Newport, NC, USA

Sep 252014

In September 2014, I noticed my dash above the instrument cluster cracking. I purchased this car as a GM certified used car with original factory warrantee in April 2013 with 60081 miles on it. In less than 5 months of ownership it developed this crack while still under factory warrantee. I took it to my local dealer with all my paperwork and they said it was not covered, nor would they replace it. This crack has developed due to no fault of my own from neglect, excess wear and tear, excess sunlight or anything other than manufacture flaw. This crack has continued to spread and due to the thin and sharp nature of the plastic, if I were to get into an accident, this would splinter and act like shrapnel within the cabin. My family's life is danger due to this fact and GM refuses to acknowledge this is an issue. Please look into this as I know many others have the same issue with even 2015 models. I am asking for the safety of my family and yours.

- Hattiesburg, MS, USA

Mar 192015

I bought a GM certified Suburban and less than two weeks later the dashboard cracked behind the airbag. I called the dealer and GM and alerted them to the problem and told them I felt unsafe driving the vehicle with my children in the vehicle. I feel that if that airbag deploys it could send that sharp piece of broken plastic flying through my car. They will not fix the dashboard without me paying for it and said it is not a common complaint people are having. However, everyone I have talked to with a Suburban, Tahoe, or pick up truck between the years of 2007-2013 is experiencing the same crack in the same place near that airbag. GM needs to fix these before innocent people get hurt.

- Church Road, VA, USA

Jul 102015

The dashboard on my 2011 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 has cracked in two locations. Both of these locations would be effected by an airbag activation with high potential for flying sharp plastic fragments that a) pierce the airbag or prevent its proper inflation or, B) injure or kill front seat passengers. Open-source research indicates this is a widespread and pervasive issue with General Motors vehicles of similar design (Suburban, Tahoe, Silverado, Avalanche, etc...) stretching over a period of several years-- at least effecting model years 2007 thru 2013 or more. Furthermore, every GM service center has experienced so many of these dashboard cracks that replacement of these parts has become routine. GM views this inherent design flaw as a warranty issue, not the endemic problem it actually is with potential for injury.

- West Monroe, LA, USA

Nov 042011

The vehicle is one week old with 1200 miles on the clock. The propshafts are severely rusting. The yokes are rusted. Dealer said GM refused to further perform repair and consider it normal.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA