Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Trailblazer emerged from an "upscale trim line" of the Blazer, but there's nothing upscale about its transmission problems or its wonky, unpredictable headlights.

2. change 4wd dash switch (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Jun 012014

As I was driving at high highway speeds, the switch for 2hi to 4 wheel drive and 4 lo would activate.

- , Lewiston, ID, USA

Nov 112009

Trailblazer LS 3.2L 6-cyl

As I was driving on the highway, the 4wd switch was going into A4WD then into 4HI and tries to go into 4LO. So I had just went into the dealership and bought a new switch for the dash and I have not had any problems after that (they wanted to put in a new 4WD transfer case.) They told me the switch wouldn't fix it but it did.

- , Elk River, MN, USA

Jun 252009

Trailblazer LX V6

My 4x4 switch lights up like a Christmas tree. Very pretty. My car randomly switches into 4hi and 4low. I was told it was a loose connection, after a few days at the dealership, then I was told it was a sensor, after another two days at the dealership. Again, my useless warranty does not cover this problem. This will cost me over $500 to fix.

The warranty also did not cover replacement of the third brake light panel that literally flew off my car on the highway, and barely missed hitting another car. The dealership wanted $1500 to fix this engineering flaw.

I can certainly understand why the company is floundering. Make a decent product, and stand behind the product, or customers like me will move on to a more reliable car company for the next purchase.

- , Amherstburg, ON, Canada

Nov 282008

Trailblazer LTZ 4.6L V6

I have spent around 4000 already trying to fix this problem. I have replaced the transfer case and my trans. It still does it. So far no one has been able to figure out why. Any one have any suggestions???????????????????????????????

- , Ferndale, MI, USA

Jan 072007

Trailblazer LTZ 4.2L V6

This is a POS vehicle and Chevy to also it happened it got fixed oh wait there it is again same problem after replacing the control mod the vacuum lines and the switch itself . But this time it happened on the freeway at 65 mph good thing it was 4 high it stuck in instead of 4 low . I will never buy a Chevy AGAIN , BAIL OUT the auto makers yeah ok how about us with these cars that are junk .

- , Spanaway, WA, USA