CarComplaints.com Notes: Carrying the not-so-proud traditions of its 2002 predecessor, the 2003 has a handful of instrument panel malfunctions that can leave you guessing your speed, engine temperature or how much gas is left in the tank.

8.0

1. replaced the alternator (2 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Mar 092010

Trailblazer EXT 4WD V6

Alternator went out without warning...as with other complaint about alternator, we too had a battery that was less that 6 months old. My brother helped me replace it but just the cost of the alternator was $300. Now apparently there is a recall on that alternator that can cause a fire when the engine is off!!!! Great! Here we go again.

- , Chatsworth, GA, USA

May 192009

Trailblazer LX 3.2L V6

Well here I am with another complaint. Last week the alternator went out on me. My battery kept being drained so I took it into the shop and had them replaced the part. They charged me $550 to fix and replaced the alternator. I also had to replace the battery because of all the problems with the alternator and the brake switch basically drained and killed my 1 year old battery.

- , Washington, DC, USA