CarComplaints.com Notes: Carrying the not-so-proud traditions of its 2002 predecessor, the 2003 has a handful of instrument panel malfunctions that can leave you guessing your speed, engine temperature or how much gas is left in the tank.

4.0

1. replace wiper motor (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Nov 112007

Trailblazer LX 3.2L V6

This will be the last complaint I make about this piece of crap car. A few years back the wipers started malfunctioning on me. They would catch and almost get stuck when I turned them on. I received a recall shortly after I purchased the vehicle about the wipers. I took it to the dealership and once again they missed the problem. Of course a few years later the wipers starting malfunctioning however I was not under warranty anymore. When I took it into the dealership to get checked the shop guys missed the problem again and told me I had to get new wipers. I told them I was pretty sure it wasn't the wipers but they insisted. So I bought new wipers and the problem still persisted. I took it back to the dealership and they told me that it was now the wiper motor which is what I had suggested to them in the first place but told me I was wrong about. Well they then proceeded to tell me that it would cost $300 to fix. I informed them that I received a recall a few years back about the wipers and took it to the dealership to get fixed and they did nothing. But they informed me that since I wasn't under warranty anymore I would have to pay even though it was a recall the dealership had missed when I originally took it in. I would highly suggest staying away from the Trailblazers or any GM product at that. I have sank almost $4000 into fixing this car the last few years and have received lousy customer service from the dealerships and Chevy customer support. I am planning on buying a new Honda soon as I have had good luck with Honda before and don't know why I left them. Both GM vehicles I've owned have given me nothing but trouble and they and the rest of the American car companies have lost my business for good.

- , Washington, DC, USA