CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2.0

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Aug 012013

Trailblazer

First my rear wiper and rear washer stopped working but when you turn the button it sounds like it wants to go. Second my speedometer is all over the board. Sometimes it runs low, sometimes it's higher and at times it just won't move. It has also been off the board pointer down at the prnd321. Third my oil gauge stopped working.

- Duluth, MN, USA

Apr 012015

Trailblazer

Fuel gage is not showing the fuel level, so it looks like its empty all the time automatic air bag passenger sensing system is malfunctioning and on windshield urethane bead may not have adhered to the body in certain areas during the cure process.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 212015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 45 mph, the driver side switch for the windows failed to operate. After the vehicle was powered off, the power lock switch was engaged and the windows closed but failed to operate again. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V248000 (electrical system, visibility). The failure mileage was 182,000.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Oct 112014

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

I just purchased this vehicle and was checking on recalls. I got a 877 # and tried calling but it wont go through. I just want to make sure these issues are resolved with recall so if you can let me know what I have to do I will do it. GM recall np. 06102.

- Great Falls, MT, USA

May 202014

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that during inclement weather, the contact engaged the windshield wipers but the windshield washer pump continued to operate independently and intermittently. The contact dismissed the initial incident. However, the failure persisted and worsen. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repair. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- Columbus , GA, USA

Mar 012014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Saturday night (03/1/14) on our way home it started snowing heavily, the visibility was low and our windows were fogging up and the front heater blower went off on our 2005 Chevy Trailblazer and would not come back on. While trying to find a place to safely pull over we almost hit another vehicle because we couldn't see through our fogged up windows.. after we pulled over and turned the car off the blower motor came on and continued to run with the car off and the key removed from the ignition, so we re-started the car, and the blower went off and never came back on... then today I went out started the car to warm up the engine and the blower came on. I drove to the store shut the car off and the blower continued to run so I re-started the car and turned it off again and the blower motor stopped. When I re-entered the car to go home the blower once again would not turn on at any speed. So I figured if I didn't have heat at least I had a heated seat but after about 5-10 mins the seat part of the seat got so hot it was burning my butt and thighs so I had to shut it off. Then about 1/2 home the blower just started blowing again, I pulled into the gas station shut the car off and the blower motor once again continued to run with the car off and the key out of the ignition so again I put the key in started the car then turned it off again and the motor stopped. This could be a very serious issue with not being able to defrost the windshield/windows in these hazardous driving conditions< plus not having heat in below zero temps is a health hazard as well. ( since we live in such a cold snowy state).

- New Haven, MI, USA

Feb 152005

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that during inclement weather, water entered the vehicle through the windshield. The manufacturer was contacted and stated the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 05V035000 (visibility). The failure mileage was 52,000.

- Pikeville, KY, USA

Jun 142012

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact noticed a burning odor and smoke coming from the front passenger side door. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostics where the technician advised that the power window module was melted and would have to be replaced. There was an investigation under NHTSA action number: EA12004 (visibility:power window devices and controls electrical system) for the 2006-2007 models that could possibly have been related to the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact also experienced a failure with the rear driver side seat belt. The passenger became trapped by the seat belt when it would not unlock. The contact had to cut the seat belt in order to release the passenger. The seat belt was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 102,000.

- West Islip, NY, USA