Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 11 of 11)

Jul 172008

I have had numerous problems out of my 2006 Chevy Trailblazer, but all have been covered under warranty up until this point. I purchased my vehicle new with 18 miles on it. It is currently at 42K and I am just outside of my warranty. I filled my car up twice this week and the fuel gauge showed full as I left the gas station. By the time I got home ( approx 1 mile away ) the low fuel indicator turned on. I took my car to the dealership and they indicated that my fuel gauge censor has gone. I took it to the dealership and they refuse to repair it free. The cost is $457. Unfortunately it costs me about that much a month to keep the sucker gassed up so I cannot afford to 'give' GM any more of my money. I am driving it as it is and searching for a cheaper route to repair my vehicle. I have to children that I have to Transport around and I am terrified that I will run out of gas. This is such an extreme and unnecessary stress. Please help.

- Garfield Heights , OH, USA

May 042007

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

I have had many many problems with my 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer most recently the transmission is bad, I had started complaining to the dealer about the transmission slipping at around 8,000 miles, the truck now has 17,000 miles on it. The dealer refuses to repair it under my warranty. The dealer will not cover the repair. The dealer told me I had to pay out of pocket. I was informed of this on 5/4/2007. I have had many many repairs done on this vehicle, something is not right. The dealer also refuses to fix the brakes, the dealer claimed to have repaired them 3,000 miles ago and told me that it is not possible for the brakes to be bad again, the dealer said I need rotors, pads, and they did replace a lt ft caliper that they found to be bad. The dealer will not replace the pads and rotors. The dealer has told me to pick my vehicle up. The vehicle is currently not in safe condition to operate on public highway, I informed the dealer that I will leave the truck there while I contact NHTSA and whoever else I find that will help me. If the dealer insist that I remove my vehicle, I will have it towed, I will not operate the vehicle on public highways, as it is not safe. I will now list some of the items most recently replaced. Also, ABS, check engine, and service 4WD lite was on and off since January 2007. The gas gauge malfunctioned. The instrument panel was replaced twice, also replaced the radio, front heater, rear heater, dvd player, both upper ball joints, brakes, ft wheel bearing, lt ft door control, ft calipers, some kind of bearing in the steering wheel. The front suspension still makes noise, rattles (the dealer cannot find the problem) there is more but this is what I remember right now without looking it up. The dealer also told me that it is not possible for so many things to be wrong and has accused me of changing parts over from another Trailblazer.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Mar 132006

Trailblazer 6-cyl

- the contact stated that the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer had stalling problems which started back in March 2006. The contact stated that while driving 30-40 mph the vehicle would lose all power. The contact took vehicle to dealership, and they found nothing wrong with the vehicle. She stated that on 04/06 she had to have vehicle towed to another dealership, the vehicle would not start. The contact stated that they couldn't find anything wrong either. They did replace the starter at that time, but the failure continued to happen, and now the radio has shorted out and caused the vehicle to lose power. The dealership replaced the radio. On 12/23/06, the vehicle lost power again while driving 10-15 mph and trying to make a right turn. The vehicle was towed to dealership again, they found nothing wrong again. The contact stated that this was a safety issue, especially while driving on the freeway. The contact stated that she filed a complaint with the manufacturer, # 71-426356150. The contact stated that someone from their legal department caller her and stated that they will have someone come out and look at her vehicle in mid February.

- Camarillo, CA, USA