CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 10 of 11)

Mar 012011

Trailblazer

About 1 year ago the gas light came on and would not go off, a couple of month's later the driver door controls would work then didn't then did now it is completely out the interior lights would come on be very dim then would not go off they are off now. These are the concerns I have, things that happen while driving the car, it shut completely off. Updated 08/03/11

- Harrison, PA, USA

Nov 212009

Trailblazer

The fuel light stays on empty even when the car is full. You can never know how much gas is in the car. The check engine light comes on. It goes off when the car is full for about one day, then comes back on again until you fill the car up again. There is a problem with the sensor and it costs approximately $800 to have it repaired. This is a problem in Chevy Trailblazers as everyone that I have spoken with that has a Trailblazer has this problem. I even know a couple that has a 1999 Trailblazer with the same problem. The dealer refuses to fix the problem because there has not been a recall.

- Riverdale, IL, USA

Sep 042010

Trailblazer

In September 2010 I started having problems with my 2006 Chevy Trailblazer with the windshield wipers going all of the time. The only way I can get them to shut off or turn them back on is to take the fuse out. This is so inconvient because the fuse box is located in the backseat on the passengers side. I have to lift the seat up and remove two boxes and put in the fuse and to remove it I have to use pliers to get it out.... also my low fuel light stays on even when I have a full tank of gas so I am constantly at the gas station getting gas so that I am aways sure to have gas in my vehicle. The dealership wants to put the vehicle on diagnostic for $99 which does not go towards the cost of repairs which I can not afford because I am unemployed.. I have taken the vehicle back to the dealership I purchased it from and they indicate that it is no longer under warranty and there is nothing they can do but repair it and maybe give me 10% off of my repairs since I purchased it from them...... I see where U have many complaints on this same year and make and model.. do U have any suggestions on what can be done on this?

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Dec 082010

Trailblazer

The fan on my Trailblazer quit working on my A/C completely. Took to the dealer & it started working again without any repair. Then fan setting #5 quit working & I took to dealer again. They stated it was the blower motor resistor. Picked up from dealer without replacing anything & then fan quit working all together. Replaced blower motor resistor & it still didn't work. Wiggled the 7-wire wiring harness & it began to work. Waiting til it fails completely to replace. There have been many Trailblazers that have had this exact problem. According to the reports, my harness will melt & then I will have to replace it and/or eventually wiggling it will not work, not to mention its very inconvenient to get into that area of the car on a regular basis!!!

- Mesick, MI, USA

Aug 102010

Trailblazer

The wiring harness to the heater blower motor melts through. This is the second time we have replaced ours.

- White Cloud, MI, USA

May 202010

Trailblazer 6-cyl

While driving at night, the low beam headlights stopped working without notice. Stopped at next convenience store, checked all fuses and all were good. Started ignition and lights still did not work. Checked high beam headlights and they worked. Followed up with mechanic the following morning. Could not diagnose problem and referred to a local dealer. Dealer diagnosed problem as being a faulty BCM. BCM was replaced. Approx. 8 weeks later, same problem w/low beam lights not working. Dealer replaced relay. Now low beams work, check engine light has come on and fuel gauge has stopped working.

- Comer, GA, USA

Oct 012009

Trailblazer

None of the dash hands work.

- Springfield, IL, USA

May 012009

Trailblazer

Faulty gas gauges in 2006 Chevy Trailblazers gauge only reads empty all the time. Vehicle is 4 yrs old with 33K miles. I filled a complaint with Chevrolet and my dealership. Complaints are all over the internet on this. This is a safety issue and needs to be investigated.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Oct 092010

Trailblazer 6-cyl

2006 Chevy trail Blazer with approximately 75,000 miles on it. About a year ago the vehicle died on me while at a stop sign. All the icons in the dash board lit up and engine alarms went off before it died. I tried to restart, but nothing happened. Also the key locked in the ignition. A good samaritan gave me a jump start and I made my way home. I drove it to the dealership and they replaced the ignition switch. A month has gone by and the problem started all over again. This time, I turned the key in the ignition and nothing happened. 5 seconds later on it's own the vehicle cranked over as I was about to step out of the car. I continued driving the vehicle for another week with no problems. This week is another story, it started all over again. I have read blogs online with many Chevy Trailblazer owners having the same problems. As of right now my vehicle is at the dealership for the third time this year. All they can say is that I have a dead cell in my battery. Of course a month ago, they said my battery was good. My brother inlaw also owns a Chevy Trailblazer and has the same problem. Can someone please investigate I'm running out patients and money. Not to mention a safety issue being stranded on the side of the highway.

- Linden, VA, USA

Dec 192009

Trailblazer

I have an 06 Chevy Trailblazer and after some research on the internet I have found that the problem I am having with the sending units on my fuel pump is a rather common problem. GM is well aware of this issue but seems to not care and only wants to collect the money for these replacement fuel pumps. I would like to see GM recall this and fix the problem for this, it is not just the Trailblazer but the Envoy and rainers. Seems to be a bigger issue with the Trailblazers. Makes one wonder how many of these trucks have had this problem and not posted it on line and paid the 800 plus to fix it.

- High Point , NC, USA

May 202010

Trailblazer

Gas gauge on 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer when started shows correct fuel level. After several miles of driving gauge drops to zero and warning light and chime is activated. Gauge shows correctly each time engine is started. Dealer said many complaints of this type, but not covered by warranty. It is a bad sending unit in the fuel pump. Gas tank needs to be dropped and parts replaced at a cost of $800.

- The Villages, FL, USA

Apr 252008

Trailblazer 6-cyl

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer fuel level sensor hasn't worked since about 28,000 miles, now has about 80,000 miles on vehicle. Thousands upon thousands of 2006 Trailblazers have had the same problem which Chevrolet (GM) knows about but won't put out a recall service bulletin to replace this defaulted part. Here the taxpayers bailed GM out, but they won't take care of this huge problem where an operator of this vehicle could run out of fuel at any time not knowing how much fuel is in the tank because it reads empty all of the time with the low fuel light on as well. We as taxpayers can bail them out, but they won't take car of a problem that could result in deaths when a vehicle runs out of fuel at the wrong time, and in the wrong place. Is this what is needed before GM takes care of this problem? this seems to be the case. Also with this problem it sends signals that won't allow the vehicle to pass NY state vehicle inspection when there is nothing else wrong with the vehicle.

- Baldwinsville, NY, USA

Jan 112010

Trailblazer

Fuel gauge registers empty at all times. Low level light is always luminated low fuel warning displayed.

- Lee's Summit, MO, USA

Jun 252009

Trailblazer 6-cyl

In my 2006 Chevy Trailblazer, the gas sensor does not work and caused the check engine light to come on intermittently as well as causing the fuel gauge to remain on empty regardless of the actual fuel level. I have had the car diagnosed and was informed that it was the sensor in the gas tank and the repair would cost me $500 to replace a part that would ultimately fail again. GM has refused to cover partial expenses of this repair even though they are aware of said problem. I first notified GM on 6/23/2009 and they have yet to issue a recall. There is currently an open investigation :action number DP10001.

- Sound Beach , NY, USA

Sep 152009

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While examinig his vehicle he noticed that none of the electrical components were functioning properly. Upon further examination, the contact noticed that the drivers side power window control wires were burned due to a small internal fire. The vehicle has not been diagnosed by the dealer and there were no prior warnings. The current and failure mileages were 28,706.

- Laurel, MS, USA

May 112008

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The failure was contributed to the lack of gasoline in the fuel tank. Roadside assistance was called to the scene. The contact stated that the fuel gauge displayed inaccurate readings at any fuel level capacity. The vehicle resumed normal operation after gasoline was added to the fuel tank. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure mileage was 40,200 and current mileage was 60,000.

- Marion, IN, USA

May 132009

Trailblazer

A/C wiring burnt. Fan blower replaced 13 May 09, didn't work on any speed. Turned in to get fixed at castrol car care center, hinesville, ga. Two days later not working, so returned. Wires fried at pig tail. All parts were factory recommended.

- Hinesville, GA, USA

Feb 142009

Trailblazer

Purchased used 38K miles problems started straight away reardoor locks quit, child safety lock rod fell off broken clip, would find plastic trim on ground next to car, seat trim broken fell off, when it rains or snows 4 wheel unit fail to engage and disengage correctly engine light comes on and goes out alot alternator is loud water pump went out, rear Chevy emblem popped off we now have 56K can't imagine what's next.

- Show Low, AZ, USA

Oct 292008

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While the vehicle was parked in the driveway, the contact heard the alarm sound. She looked outside and noticed that the vehicle was in flames. The fire department extinguished the fire and stated that it was electrical and originated from the driver's side door. A police report was filed. The fire burned the entire driver's side of the vehicle, a portion of the front passenger seat, and the roof. The contact called her insurance company, but could not reach the Chevrolet dealer. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Gouverneur, NY, USA

Sep 302008

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the rear directional signal harness and fuses were replaced twelve times. Water penetrates the harness and corrodes the directional signal fuse. The manufacturer stated that the failure was repaired in 2005 according to NHTSA campaign id number 05V198000 (exterior lighting:turn signal). The vehicle is out of warranty; therefore, they would not assist with the repair. The failure mileage was 45,000 and current mileage was 80,000.

- Niles, MI, USA