Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 3 of 11)

Jun 072014

I was at work and my door power switch started smoking and was on fire and I would also like to know where and how I can get it fixed.

- Charlotte , NC, USA

Sep 092014

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V404000 (electrical). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the delay. The vehicle had not exhibited the failure.

- Odell, IL, USA

Sep 012014

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the electric power panel on the drivers side door was overheating. The contact was included in recall NHTSA campaign id number: 12V406000 (electrical system, visibility). In addition, the contact indicated that the front passengers seat seatbelt was not retracting. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 34,000.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Jun 162014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I was driving down the road and all power went out and steering locked up with no brakes. The car shut off and wouldn't start. I had the car towed and they ran a test on it and replaced the ignition switch. I have the receipt showing I had it repaired.

- Caseville, MI, USA

Jul 152014

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the electrical system on the driver side door failed. As a result, the window could not be opened and the exterior mirror could not be adjusted. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 150,000.

- Brownstown , MI, USA

Jun 152014

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the power window switch became inoperable once the key was inserted in the ignition. The problem recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or independent mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Pittsville, WI, USA

May 282014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I was driving to work and all of sudden I had no gas peddle and my SUV came to a stop. I had it towed to a shop and was told my ignition switch went. I called GM today was told my SUV wasn't part on the recall but they have been getting calls about Trailblazers and could be in the future. Something needs to be done about not doing a complete list right up front.

- Sanford, ME, USA

Jul 112014

I was at work and I can back to get something from my truck and the driver door was on fire.

- Gastonia, NC, USA

Jan 132012

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. Consumer writes in regards to problems with dealership management not getting key lock ignition fixed. The consumer stated a month after purchasing the vehicle, she began having problems with the key lock in the ignition. The truck would not crank, the windows would not roll up or down, the radio did not work and the entire dashboard shut down. She had an accident on Jan 13, 2012 and the air bags did not deploy. On June 21, 2014, the vehicle shut down and she had to leave the vehicle, for five days, before she could have it towed to the dealer.

- Washington, NC, USA

Feb 242007

Trailblazer 6-cyl

While driving down the interstate the low beam headlights shut off. We pulled over as it was nighttime and turned on the high beams. A few minutes later we were able to use the low beams again. This has happened repeatedly since then. Just once in awhile until recently. Just last night, July 09, 2014; they turned off at least eight times going to and from church which is about 7 miles from my home. This is a very dangerous and scary thing to happen. We mentioned it to the dealership awhile back and they said unless it was happening right at this moment they wouldn't be able to find out the problem. I love my vehicle, except for the electrical issues (lights, wipers, stereo, etc.). please help!

- Zephyrhills, FL, USA

May 192013

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

My husband and I were traveling home from a weekend out of state. We were coming into Chicago traveling towards Wisconsin where we live. Just before the first toll booth on I80/I94 traveling at highway speeds, we hit a slight bump in the road and lost all power to the car. We managed to coast the car over from the far left lane of a 5 lane highway to the right shoulder of the road out of harms way. The car was towed to a Firestone dealership on a Sunday afternoon; we were told after a systems analysis was completed that the car would have to be towed to a GM dealership. The closest was in homewood, il. After GM fixed the car, I asked what would cause something like this to happen. I was told by the dealership, it is something that just happens. Knowing the gravity of what could have happened, this is very upsetting. I really believe the Trailblazer should be also noted on the GM recall of autos before another family has to experience what mine did or worse. Thank you

- Verona, WI, USA

Mar 142013

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the front driver side power window and door lock failed to operate intermittently. In addition, the radio remained operable even though the engine was turned off. The vehicle had not been diagnosed ore repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 95,000.

- Winter Haven , FL, USA

May 012014

Once the vehicle is parked the key will not turn off the run position, resulting in the vehicle not turning off completely and the key can not be released. Ignition switch will not operate correctly. Sometimes after letting the vehicle sit for awhile the key will then be allowed to turn off and release. Possible faulty ignition switch??

- Berea, KY, USA

May 232014

Trailblazer 4WD 8-cyl

Driving down interstate 79 in Pennsylvania at normal speed when my airbag light lit up and my air bag disengaged flashed, followed by more lights on the dash going on, and tracking disengaged flashed, then engine light came on, engine failure flashed as I started moving toward the right hand lane in heavy traffic. Just as I made it to the right lane my power cut out and I was going 20 - 25 mph in two seconds flat. I swerved to the berm of the road as the four wheeler semi truck that was behind me nearly clobbered me. I inched on the berm at 20 mph to the bridgeville exit and got to the colussy Chevrolet dealer where my car stopped dead in the service dept. First, they thought battery, but the battery was fine. It was ignition switch failure which caused my air bags to disengage and my losing power. I was lucky I wasn't killed!! the cost of repairs was $337 but I was told that my 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer was not on the GM recall list, even though I had the exact things go wrong with the vehicles on the ignition switch recall list. And they repaired it the same way, with no guarantee that this wouldn't happen again!!! this is not a "vehicle" recall, it is a "parts" recall and my vehicle had to have the ignition switch replaced. I called the GM ignition switch recall hotline and they escalated my case up and up and everyone said the same thing....they are sorry for my distress, my inconvenience but my vehicle is not on the recall list so they cannot replace the cost to repair my vehicle. Perhaps if the semi truck that was behind me killed me, they might acknowledge my safety concerns for the ignition switch (part) and not my vehicle!!!

- Bridgeville, PA, USA

Jun 012014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I washed my vehicle and the next day when I went to use it the drivers side door window panel wouldn't work. I had noticed a funny smell a few times before this but was unable to determine the cause. I tried intermittently to use the panel to open the windows or lock or unlock the doors to no avail. Two days later when I was on my way home all 4 windows started opening and closing all by themselves. One would go up and the other would go down. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. The only thing I knew was that I had washed the vehicle. Of course the windows were up and in checking I couldn't see where any water could get inside the vehicle. I was told it was a known problem and I would need a new switch at the cost of almost $300 for the door panel switch. This would not include labor costs to make it work on my vehicle. I couldn't believe just washing my vehicle could cause such a problem so I decided to go online to see if others had the same problem. I found that there is apparently a recall. I will contact the 800 number and see what recourse I have in getting my panel replaced.

- Orwell, NY, USA

Jun 012013

The summer of 2013 I had it brought to my attention that my driver side brake light would fail to light up as the brake was applied. I tried changing the bulb but that proved to not be the problem as it still failed to light up. The following summer the same thing happened with the passenger side brake light. I am unsure if it is an electrical problem or a sensor that has gone bad. I can only assume that it is an electrical problem due to the fact that the back windshield wiper stopped working due to electrical issues.

- Waite Park , MN, USA

May 252013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

My wife was coming home from work. She started her car and backed up, went to shift to drive and something broke stranding he in a empty parking lot on a Saturday. She was in a traffic lane and blocking the handicap parking space. I have owned cars for many years and never had such a thing happen. Why did you make an all steel cable and mountings and then put a tiny plastic end on it that brakes all the time. The parts house and the service shops all said it happens all the time and you must buy a replacement from the dealer. They know it is a problem as they must stock the cable assemblies that cost a lot to change. Please redesign them and change the plastic end to a stainless steel end and retrofit all cars, SUV's and trucks that use this part.

- Kol;Oa, HI, USA

May 012014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

My wife, daughter and myself were driving on Idaho state highway 70, a narrow, winding, two-lane road with little to no shoulder, when the motor stopped and ilost all power-brakes, steering etc. I was fortunately able to steer the car over to a wide spot on the shoulder and stop. I was unable to re-start the Blazer and called aaa to have it hauled to knudtsen Chevrolet in coeur D'alene, Idaho. In another half hour we would have been driving 70 mph on interstate and the outcome could have been disasterous if the car had failed then in high volume traffic. The next day I was advised by knudtsen that the ignition switch was the problem. I wrote a follow-up letter to the owner and the service manager called a few days later indicating that since my warranty had expired neither GM nor knudtsen could help me with the $268 charge for replacing the switch. Since then I have been told GM and knudtsen would split the cost three ways since I was a long-time customer (three Blazer). I have not yet received any reimbursement as of this date. Is this possibly another car which should be on the recall list?

- Post Falls, ID, USA

Apr 072012

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

I have had to have the ignition switch changed 3X in a year due to it failing. My vehicle has stalled out, will not start, and my dashboard lights, head lights also start acting up right before the ignition switch starts acting up. If I wiggle the key, sometimes that will get it to start, sometimes not. I have seen tons of complaints about this same issue with other Trailblazers in the same year when I went online to forums to see if anyone else is having the same issues with their Trailblazers. Someone needs to look into these vehicles also as part of the GM recall. I will get it fixed and it will be ok for a bit, then the same thing starts all over again. I saw on the tv lastnight the special about GM and the ignition switches, and this is exactly the same thing my Trailblazer does. Please, I hope someone will look into this. I'm sure that if you put something out there about the "06 Chevrolet Trailblazers you would get numerous complaints like mine. Thank you.

- Conneaut, OH, USA

Feb 012014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Wiper engages with washer fluid spraying at any time. When first start wipers come on with fluid spraying no intermitent settings wiper stops and starts at all times. Fuel gauge stop working with full tank. Now it does not work. Door lock on driver side not functioning. Locks would start when vehicle sitting in driveway not running. Removed fuse, as it caused battery failure.

- Mineola, TX, USA