CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 1 of 11)

Sep 012015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving at night, the headlights and high beam lights failed without warning. The vehicle had to be turned on and off several times in order for the lights to function normally and, other times, the lights would not turn back on. The contact stated that the electrical system in the entire vehicle would fail without warning and cause the vehicle to stall. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where the driver's door switch was repaired per an unknown NHTSA campaign number. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired for the other failures. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was 192,916.

- Albany, GA, USA

Jun 152015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving 20 mph, the low beam headlamps failed to illuminate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V755000 (exterior lighting); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 115,373. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Grant, NE, USA

May 281016

Trailblazer

I spent over $1000 to have this problem fix, years ago, today 5/27/20016 I having the same problems. This truck is important to me and my kid. Turn the key and it want start, wait ten miniutes and try it again it starts, but while driving it the engine shuts down in traffic. Pull over to the side try to start it again sometimes it will start wright away no problem but other time it will take longer prolike the next day. The major concern is while I am driving with my son, the engine would shut down on the highway and local streets. Everytime this happen I am concern someone will rear end my truck and someone will be hurt. I try different mechanic the same problems. I needed help?

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Apr 282016

Trailblazer

Vehicle shut off while driving on highway lost power almost got into accident and was blocking trafficc. Other vehicles like mine have the same problem.

- La Puente, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Trailblazer

When driving the engine randomly shuts off, looses power steering have to switch to neutral and restart vehicle. Suspect ignition switch possible

- Riverton, UT, USA

Mar 012016

Trailblazer

Low beam headlight failure - no low beam headlights at night. Forced to use high beam headlights. Failure was due to faulty hdm, part #15016745 in under hood fuse block unit.

- Ortonville, MI, USA

Jan 052014

Trailblazer

1/2004 lost all power making left turn into traffic. Dealer diagnosed loss of ignition voltage and replaced ignition. 9/2015 warning lights appeared on dash, dealer diagnosed followed pi and replaced ignition switch. Both repairs totaled $574.48 and GM paid nothing.

- Wayne, PA, USA

Jan 012012

Trailblazer

Ignition switch failed on the road truck shut off could not be pushed would not go out of park once attempted to restart. Had to be towed off road.

- Jonesboro, AR, USA

May 252015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph, the headlights failed without warning. The contact also stated that all the lights inside the vehicle also failed. The vehicle was restarted and the vehicle was functioning as designed but suddenly the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to a dealer but was not yet diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made available of the failure. The failure mileage was 101,000. Updated 03/11/16

- Trinity, AL, USA

Sep 302015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving at approximately 55 mph, smoke entered the vehicle through the vents without warning. The contact also stated that flames were coming through the passenger side instrument panel. A fire report was filed. The fire department extinguished the fire. No injuries were sustained. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 145,000.

- Ironton, OH, USA

May 272015

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the engine stalled. The pass lock warning message illuminated prior to the failure. The failure was recurring. The vehicle restarted after several attempts. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 149,000. Updated 12/03/15 the consumer stated the ignition switch and relay were replaced. However, the problem continued. Updated 12/10/15.

- East Jordan , MI, USA

Jul 012013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

When I am driving my low beam headlights just go complete out without warning. This happens anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes of driving. My bright lights will work but not the low beam. Then several hours after I have stopped driving they work again. I understand there was a recall on multiple years for this problem with the Trailblazers including 2006 which is my vehicle however I still have not received a recall notification. I don't understand why not!! I have called and filled out a complaint form previously with no response. Can you please explain to my why my vehicle is not eligible? updated 10/9/15 updated 01/05/16.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 092015

Trailblazer

On 7/9/15 I brought my 2006 Chevy Trailblazer (purchased used in October of 2013) to my mechanic at midas muffler in bangor due to an issue I was having for the last few months regarding the electric window/door lock on the drivers side whereas I have been intermittently unable to roll my windows up or down and I have been locked in my vehicle and unable to get out three times. They removed the door panel and found that water had been leaking into the door and caused corrosion to the module that controls these functions. I was told there had been a recall for this issue. They had called the local Chevy dealership who told them that the recall on this vehicle had been fulfilled in August of 2013. On 7/13/15, I called GM to inquire regarding this recall since when the recall was issued, it stated that "parts for the remedy are not currently available." I have not received any letter stating that parts are now available it is, in my opinion, that the "fix" that was done in August 2013 did not "fix" the issue and this has caused the same problem to reoccur. GM told me that the fix would be my financial responsibility. The recall notice on your website also states, "vehicles whose modules were modified but not replaced as a part of the previous recall remedy must have their vehicles remedied again under this campaign." I am not sure whether or not the module was replaced in August 2013 as I did not own the vehicle at that time, however, I do feel that the remedy that was done on that date did not fix the leakage issue and therefore GM should be responsible for replacing the module now and also fixing the leakage issue so this does not occur again. This is a safety issue as I have been locked in and unable to get out of my vehicle three times already, and also, according to the original recall, this can be a fire hazard

- Ellsworth, ME, USA

Jul 012015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the power liftgate failed to lock with the key fob. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 106,000.

- Casco, WI, USA

Jan 072015

Trailblazer

Headlights went out while driving at night. Only brights worked. Rear driver's side window went down mysteriously and would not go up for 24 hrs. Daytime running lights (drl) not working.

- Crestwood, KY, USA

Jun 232015

Trailblazer

The optional adjustable foot pedals, that were never used, developed a shorted condition in a electrical relay and to the under the seat control module which drained the battery while parked, and when discovered resulted in a $180 local shop diagnostic and disconnect charge to the consumer and another $120 for a new battery. The cost of replacement of the components would be approx. $600 not including labor.

- Canfield, OH, USA

Dec 202007

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle stalled. After several attempts, the vehicle restarted. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The ignition circuit was replaced; however, the failure recurred. The mechanic stated that the throttle body needed to be cleaned. In addition, the contact stated that there was a grinding sound as the ignition was being started. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician stated that the starter drive gear was worn and the starter was replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 8.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Sep 182014

Trailblazer

While driving down the road my headlights would go out. We put a new fuse in that has helped for a while. Now about 2 months ago I shut my car off and opened the doorthe radio would not shut off so I turned my car on and back off it went off that time. I took my daughter into dance went out to get something out of my car and my headlights were still on. So I turned my car on and off looked still on so I went back to watch my daughters dance. After another hour it was time to go home walked outside headlights were still on. Got home my husband looked at it and tried turning them off nothing would turn them off. So he pulled the fuses he said the relay was so hot he couldn't even touch it. So I have no dim lights unless I carry fuses with me to out in and take out or I just can't drive it at night.

- Hamilton , MO, USA

Apr 102015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle stalled and the security warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician stated that the vehicle was operating as designed. The failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the ignition switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 106,000.

- Jopelin, MO, USA

Sep 152014

Trailblazer

This complaint involves the rear liftgate wiper not functioning. It first started by running slower and slower, then finally stopped functioning completely. I have replaced it twice now, and both times the wiper motor would function for a very brief time, the first time around it didn't last for 36 hours before ceasing to function again. I have been to numerous forums to research this problem, such as trailvoy.com, and it is quite apparent to me that this is a widespread issue, with little hope of an easy repair. It appears the suspect part, the lgm, can't be ordered or replaced by the common man, and many of us do not have the financial resources to continually be taking the vehicles to the service bay of our local Chevy, GM or Buick dealer. This is a safety issue for many reasons, but particularly for those of us who live in a rural environment of dirt/gravel roads as the draft at the rear of the vehicle always causes the lift glass to become soiled, reducing visibility to near zero at times, which makes for less safety when changing lanes, backing up and so on. Additionally, there has been no solution issued yet for the flickering headlight issue that a recall was issued for last year for these vehicles. This is becoming maddening, it has been far too long. Apparently none of the higher ups at GM live in regions where there is a substantial deer population. Thankfully I have yet to hit one. It would seem to me that this problem is given very little attention by GM.

- Lyons, MI, USA