CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2.0

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Sep 012015

Trailblazer

Low beams cut off while driving. High beams functioned, but low beams would not.

- Bristol, VA, USA

Aug 062015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving 30 mph, the low beam head lamps failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the head lamp driver module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired due to the repair part being unavailable. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The contact was aware of NHTSA campaign number: 14V755000 ( exterior lighting), but the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 115,220.

- Dyer, IN, USA

Aug 052015

Trailblazer

I started truck at night noticed no headlights.I had parking lights and my bright lights worked. I manually turned the light switch to off and on and still did not work. I had to drive a mile in town with my bright lights on to get home.but then the next day they were working again. This happened 9 day after I bought this vehicle.I took it back where I got it and they put in a fuse.I still have issues with the lights flickering and going dim and bright while I am driving also noticed the volt gauge moves around..I am scared to death to drive at night and to even be able to travel any where out of town if they go out while I am driving. I or some one can be killed if the lights go out while im driving.

- Janesville, WI, USA

Feb 202015

Trailblazer

Shortly after having the power control module replaced & reprogrammed through a certified shop, the daytime runners/low beam headlights began working/failing intermittently. We noticed the daytime runner lights would stop working/turn off and only sometimes turn back on. The low beam headlights turned off while we were driving to the store and we had to use the brights the rest of the way there and whole way back home.

- North Highlands, CA, USA

Jun 302015

Trailblazer

Driving at night and all exterior lights go out.

- Staunton, VA, USA

Jun 092015

Trailblazer

While driving down the highway at night the headlights just went out almost went off road because it happened on a slight turn to the right. Luckily it was a median divided road and I was in the left lane so I was able to pull over and stop. They came back on after about ten minutes of sitting while looking under hood and everywhere else trying to remedy the problem.

- Rosebud, TX, USA

Jul 172015

Trailblazer

I was driving and headlights just stopped working for no reason fuses and bulbs are all good can't figure out why headlights won't work

- Johnstown , NY, USA

Jul 012013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

When I am driving my low beam headlights just go complete out without warning. This happens anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes of driving. My bright lights will work but not the low beam. Then several hours after I have stopped driving they work again. I understand there was a recall on multiple years for this problem with the Trailblazers including 2006 which is my vehicle however I still have not received a recall notification. I don't understand why not!! I have called and filled out a complaint form previously with no response. Can you please explain to my why my vehicle is not eligible? updated 10/9/15 updated 01/05/16.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Nov 262014

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V755000 (exterior lighting); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Prairie Farm, WI, USA

Jan 072015

Trailblazer

Headlights went out while driving at night. Only brights worked. Rear driver's side window went down mysteriously and would not go up for 24 hrs. Daytime running lights (drl) not working.

- Crestwood, KY, USA

Apr 102015

Trailblazer

While driving down the road after dark my low neam headlights went out. This has happened several times. I was looking for an air conditioner part online and stumbled across the recall. Recall number 14V755000. The recall was issued in November of 2014. It os now June of 2015, they have had enough time to haveremedy. Is there anything I can do to get something done with my vehicle...a refund"? a temporary fix?? anything at all"

- Golden, MS, USA

Sep 182014

Trailblazer

While driving down the road my headlights would go out. We put a new fuse in that has helped for a while. Now about 2 months ago I shut my car off and opened the doorthe radio would not shut off so I turned my car on and back off it went off that time. I took my daughter into dance went out to get something out of my car and my headlights were still on. So I turned my car on and off looked still on so I went back to watch my daughters dance. After another hour it was time to go home walked outside headlights were still on. Got home my husband looked at it and tried turning them off nothing would turn them off. So he pulled the fuses he said the relay was so hot he couldn't even touch it. So I have no dim lights unless I carry fuses with me to out in and take out or I just can't drive it at night.

- Hamilton , MO, USA

Jun 032015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V755000 (exterior lighting); however, the part to do the repairs was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Swanzey, NH, USA

Jan 122015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V755000 (exterior lighting) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Camuy, PR, USA

May 032015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 15 mph, both head lamps burned out without warning. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer and was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The manufacturer stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V755000 (exterior lighting). The approximate failure mileage was 115,000.

- Helena, AL, USA

Mar 032014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

In 2014 my wife received 3 ero's for headlight being out, each time I replaced the bulb and had the ero signed off. In the first of this year we became aware of the safety recall that you had issued for a headlight module problem. Soon thereafter we recieved the GM notification about the recall. My wife immediately made an appointment with the local GM dealer, hertriech's in easton md, they called the following day and canceled the appointment advising that the replacement parts are not available. Since then my wife has been stopped 3 more times and issued warnings, even after showing the officers the recall letter. We decided to do a follow up on the replacement part and hertriech has stated that the replacement parts is not going to be available for up to a year. In the meantime the occupants of the vehicle are at risk for injury or even death if the other headlight decides to quit while driving on dark road at night.

- Cambridge, MD, USA

Apr 232014

Trailblazer 8-cyl

Last year, I was pulled over by a police officer for a burned out headlamp. I had it replaced and it burned out again on my 2006 Trailblazer. The mechanic who looked into the issue told me it's a known problem for many GM vehicles, namely an issue with the headlamp driver module. I spent hundreds of dollars to have this fixed. I now see that the there is a recall for certain GM models - including some 06 Trailblazers. However, Chevrolet tells me my VIN # is not included. Obviously, it is an issue & more vehicles should be included.

- Long Lake, MN, USA

Jan 282015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V755000 (exterior lighting) however, the contact was unable to have the vehicle serviced under the recall because the part was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Gardener, MA, USA

Mar 202015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the headlamps and daytime running lights failed to illuminate. The contact stated that the high beams had to be activated continuously while driving, which was an illegal traffic action. The contact received notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V755000 (exterior lighting) and stated that the parts needed were unavailable. The dealer was uncertain when the parts would become available and the manufacturer was notified of the problem. The manufacturer was not aware when the parts would become available. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Mar 012013

Trailblazer

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle head lamps malfunction. The consumer stated while driving, the headlight went out. The consumer had to activate the high beam lights. The consumer received a recall letter, regarding an issue with the headlight. However, the consumer was informed the part was not available.

- Santa Maria, CA, USA