Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Oct 032012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Fuel gauge started from half a tank to empty causing engine to stall.

- Akron, OH, USA

Sep 222011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The gas gauge registers full when filled with gas but after 20 miles or so it indicates empty. Called dealer and was told GM will replace for 1/2 price. Doesn't make sense it's a defect and should be repaired free of charge.

- East Falmouth, MA, USA

Jun 302011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Gas gauge registers at start-up, but drops to empty within five minutes of starting while vehicle is running with no way to evaluate how much fuel is left in the tank.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jul 112012

Vehicle fuel gauge goes to empty when at least 1/2 tank of gas in vehicle. Ongoing problem. It looks to me like this is or should be a recall issue, based on the number of persons with the same problem.

- Kuna, ID, USA

Sep 012010

The fuel gauge does not read properly. I reset my trip meter every time I get gas. So I now that when I hit 300 miles its time. When I fill up, the gauge goes all the way down past E, and once I hit about 50 miles on the trip meter, it resets itself and goes to the appropriate spot. I ran out of gas on the side of the highway because of this. If I can't afford to fill up the tank ($90) a pop, its a risk, and with 2 kids, its a big one.

- Hartford, MI, USA

Aug 242012

Fuel gauge quits working.. this happened 2 yrs ago and the dealer fixed it.. now it's malfunctioning again.. I called GM and complained the first time and got no where.. from reading car complaints online it seems this is a common problem and safety hazard.. consumers should be able to expect a safe vehicle that calculates how much fuel is in their vehicle.. this problem has been reported with these vehicles for years.. it needs to be recalled.

- Carleton, MI, USA

Sep 222011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

After filling up fuel system began malfunctioning; shows empty after fill up. Took vehicle to shop for repair and they state that you must replace whole system can not simply replace gauge. Shop states this vehicle is known for fuel system problems and they have worked on multiple vehicles with relatively low mileage with same malfunctions.

- Dublin, GA, USA

Jul 122012

My car killed, as though it had no gas when in deed had a half tank of gas. This left me stranded for almost hour and half, I missed work and am now deathly afraid to drive it knowing I have gas yet the car isn't reading that it does. I even added gas, $25 worth took a picture of it stating half tank gas, drove out the gas station and immediately I was on empty with the empty light on, which I again took a picture stating time and date.

- Gonzales, LA, USA

Jun 012010

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I was at the gas station fueling my Trailblazer. After filling the vehicle I got in and started it up. The fuel hand went to the top of the gauge, as expected, and then went all the way to E. it has not functioned since. I have to use my trip mileage meter to gauge mileage so that I don't run out of gas on the interstate. Our Trailblazer is our primary family vehicle and it is dangerous not to know how much fuel is in your vehicle at any given time, especially since we have our small child with us most of the time.

- Charleston, SC, USA

Jun 092012

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Fuel sender stopped working only shows below empty. Checked many other sites found many have stopped working this must be a recall on this part.

- Yorktown Heights, NY, USA

May 272012

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact was driving 65 mph when the vehicle stalled due to lack of fuel. The fuel gauge did not indicate that the vehicle was low in fuel nor did the low fuel indicator lamp illuminate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The dealer confirmed that the fuel sensor float needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was contacted but the vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 96,000.

- Mckinney, TX, USA