Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jun 162016

While driving on the highway the loe beam lights flickered on and off and shut off for a couple of seconds. The driver door window switch continually malfunctions while driving and stationary windows won't roll up or down and the fuel level gauge works sometimes and other times it won't

- Columbus, OH, USA

Feb 152016

When I fill the fuel tank, the fuel gauge shows empty and the low fuel light comes on and the low fuel alarm will ding. Sometimes the gauge will go up and then back down. Sometimes, the gauge will show correctly but you are never sure. This occurs when moving or sitting on a slope or on flat ground.

- North Canton, OH, USA

Apr 032014

Fuel level sensor not reading tank level. Codes wont reset to pass state inspection.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Mar 152016

1) headlights would not come on; there is a recall noted but dealer said it did not cover my car based on VIN # 2)have been losing pressure in fuel tank; replaced cap and problem continues; dealer thanks it the evaporator device on top of fuel tank

- Brentwood, TN, USA

Apr 012012

The ignition will not turn off unless the bright lights are on. At times, it will start automatically even when the ignition switch is turned off. Sometimes the ignition will not turn on or off at all. Fuel system is faulty. Consistently problems have caused the fuel pump to go out repeatedly, and the fuel gauge to stop working. Motor in the drivers seat stopped working after months of problems. The radio has stopped working. We've replaced the fuse, and have been told its an electrical problem.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 122015

I was driving 10 mph and suddenly the neddle of the gas went all the way down like I didn't have gas, and the car turn off itself. So I put the gear in park and started the car again so it work again but the needle took 15 minutes to go up all the way to full. And I know my tank was full because I pump was the night before. So I keep driving for 3 days and filled again my tank the night before and next day I turn on the car again the neddle went down a quarter. The mecanic sai was the fuel sensor pump gas. And I hear other people have the same problem. The repair cost me 730 dollars.

- South Bloomfield , OH, USA

May 152015

Fuel gauge read full tank when in fact the tank was empty. I ran out of gas in my driveway. When this occurred my on dash computer went crazy lighting up then turning off, when I put gas in the car and restarted several times the computer seemed to correct itself. Filling the tank the gauge read empty and remained that way for several days. The gauge operates intermittently. I recently had the fuel pump replaced after failure. The pump was replaced prior to this incident. I have scheduled the gauge repair with my dealer.

- Johnstown, PA, USA

Mar 062015

Trailblazer 6-cyl

After picking up my husband from work, we stopped at a store, where I stayed in my Chevy Trailblazer while hubby went in, I happened to lookover at gauges and noticed the fuel gauge slowly going down. When hubby came out of store I had him check to see if we had a fuel leak, and nothing seemed to be leaking. We left store and gas gauge continued to decrease until light came on and gauge reads empty. This started about a week ago and continues to be an issue.

- Usa, FL, USA

Jan 012015

Gauge is not report accurate reading.

- Cypress, CA, USA

Jun 262014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

After purchasing a tank of gas and driving from the service station, my display registered empty and the check engine light displayed. I reviewed the vehicle owner's manual and discovered there was a serious problem. I retained the letter regarding this "possible" situation that I received in 2012 or 2013 (not dated), and took it to the dealership where I normally have my car serviced. Since the vehicle exceeded the allowable mileage (120,000), I was told they would not honor the 50/50 payment and the cost associated would be $922.83 to repair. I telephoned General Motors regarding the condition and advised that I feel they should be 100% responsible for the repair, since the condition was anticipated and not due to normal usage. Based on the description of the problem and continued safety issue, Chevrolet should correct the problem at no cost to the owner. This remains a safety issue that is not routine or associated with other vehicles. The cost is excessive and I was informed that GM would not correct the problem or pay any portion of the associated cost; at the least, all parts should be covered to correct this anticipated problem. I was informed that GM would not pay any costs associated with the repair. Consumers are asked to buy american products and manufacturers do not make every effort to encourage continued purchases.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Nov 032014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Inaccurate fuel level reading. In November, my fuel gauge and driver information center began to spontaneously read erratically and would not accurately show me how much gas I had. Condition has rapidly progressed to where the fuel gauge almost constantly reads empty, low fuel light is illuminated and fuel level low is displayed in the dic. In researching this issue, I found service bulletin no. 10054B which states it is a premature wearing of the fuel sensor and I should have received a mailed notice from GM regarding this known issue. I have not received any such notice. There are no recalls associated with my VIN and my warranty has now expired so there will not be "vehicle eligibility" for the dealer to confirm through the "applicable warranties section in the global warranty management system." This issue is bigger than publicly acknowledged by GM and needs to be a full recall, not a 50/50 shared responsibility with the customer when GM acknowledges the issue is due to a faulty part that prematurely wears and causes the malfunction. Also, the entire fuel pump including the sending unit and fuel level sensor needs to be replaced, not just the fuel level sensor.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Nov 202014

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. After refueling the vehicle, the fuel gauge decreased to empty and the fuel empty warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 127,000.

- Houston , TX, USA

Oct 302014

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet trail Blazer. The contact stated that the fuel gauge malfunctioned and failed to display the correct fuel level reading. The fuel empty warning light illuminated and the engine stalled. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer or an independent mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact notified the manufacturer. The approximate failure mileage was 193,059.

- Clay, WV, USA

Oct 012014

Gas gauge not working. Faulty unit.

- Austin, TX, USA

Oct 012014

Trailblazer 4WD 8-cyl

The fuel level sending unit was looked at about 1 month before June of 2007 at 4500 miles and again at June 22nd and then it was replaced. This problem continued throught out the life of the vehicle I just made sure it had gas in it. It came on again about Sept 20th of 2014 and stayed on for five days. All this time passed because I didnt have the time to mess with it. I decided I had had enough and took it to GM in olathe Kansas where they in stalled a new sending unit it is a new and better one the charged me $108.88 and I feel they should take care of the whole price.

- Wellsville, KS, USA

Sep 012014

Vehicle dic shows "tighten fuel cap" message. Message appears even if fuel cap is tightened. Message still illuminates after replacing cap. Fuel in tank can be at any level and light still illuminates.

- Mebane, NC, USA

Mar 152014

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving 60 mph, the fuel gauge failed and displayed an inaccurate reading of empty when there was a half tank of fuel in the vehicle. An unknown warning indicator illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to be restarted. An independent mechanic stated that the fuel lever sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V404000 (visibility:power window devices and controls), but the part needed for the repair was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 175,000.

- Augusta, GA, USA

May 082014

I filled the tank on May 6, drove 4 miles, got into the car on May 8, 2014 and the gauge showed no fuel and the warning statement on the dashboard said "low fuel". I drove to the gas station and was told the tank was full. Took the car in for service and was told that the fuel sensor had to be replaced.

- Wayne, NJ, USA

Mar 282014

Gas gauge now has frozen all of a sudden after 50,000 miles. I filled up my tank full, started the Trailblazer, and the gas gauge only says tank is 1/4 full!!! " the check engine light goes on and off along with the ABS and stabilitrak lights. Sometimes they are frozen and stay on for days. I understand there are alot of problems with the electrical system on these vehicles! ? unfortunately! :-( and now......the gas gauge too???!!! this does not make me happy! always loved Chevy vehicles! I don't know about anymore! how to rectify the gas gauge???"

- Cudahy, WI, USA

Feb 182014

All of the lines on my vehicle (fuel, brake, power steering) have really bad rust corrosion. These will have to be replaced before there is a serious failure. The truck is only a 2007 and the lines look like it's a 1987.

- Rochester Hills, MI, USA