CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2.2

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Feb 232012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I was having problems with the drivers side door control panel for about 3 days. On 2/22/12 the controls did not work for the drivers side window and the window was stuck in the up position. On 2/23/12 when returning to my vehicle the window was in the complete down position. I started my vehicle in attempt to roll up the window but the controls didn't work. After about 15 seconds I noticed a burning plastic smell coming from the controls. I immediately shut off the vehicle and popped off the control module to find smoke coming out of the opening. I disconnected the wires and removed the module. I could see what appears to be an internal fire in the module due to the melted plastic and housing of the unit. I'm glad that I have some sense of mechanical aptitude because this could have caused a lot of damage.

- Tonawanda, NY, USA

Jun 082011

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that before exiting the vehicle, he smelled smoke and noticed smoke coming from the driver's side door. The vehicle was inspected by the owner and he saw that the smoke was coming from the power window switch. The driver's side door power window switch was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and they offered no assistance. The failure mileage was approximately 42,000.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Nov 092009

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The power window control shorted out in the driver's door and caused a fire inside the door...updated 04/19/12

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Aug 182010

Trailblazer 6-cyl

At 45,000 miles I have had to have the tierods replaced and there is still something wrong with the passenger side wheel assembly, but they can't seem to figure out what the squeak is. It could be a bearing I have been told, but they don't know without tearing it all down. 2nd is the power window on the drivers side is getting slower to come up and I can smell wires burning at times (although I am not sure if the 2 are related) I have also had to replace the "idler pulley" at 42,000 miles.....this seems ridiculous as it keeps turning out to be one thing after another"???"

- Traverse City, MI, USA

Aug 222011

Trailblazer

I have had several problems with my window regulators, I had the switch and electrical replaced on the driver side door and I am having a problem with the window not working again. Also, now the window regulator is broken on the passenger side door. At the same time I am also having an issue with the electrical, I can tell that in combination with the window problems the lighting on the dashboard where the light is dimmed on one side. Overall, the windows are a huge safety concern with the fact they won't roll up or down depending on the issue and I'm concerned with the fire concern because it does it appear when the dealership fixed the driver side window there appeared to be melting of something that could have been burnt.

- Rensselaer, NY, USA

May 032010

Trailblazer 6-cyl

First occurrence, driver window would not go down early summer 2010. I brought it into the Chevy I bought my car from and the window part was replaced. From time to time I would smell burning but I didn't think it was my car, it didn't happen every time I was driving so I couldn't explain it to Chevy. I got into an accident January 2012 and had to bring it to a body repair shop and thy noticed the driver door electrical system has melted. Since it's a 2007 my warranty is expired and I paid the body shop to replace the part $425. I called Chevy because I saw in the news that these parts are being investigated for catching on fire and they said that the next time I smell burning or melting I need to bring it to them right away.

- Anchorage, AK, USA

Jan 272012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Lowered drivers window after a minute or two smelled plastic burning saw smoke coming from control panel I ripped the panel out to see melted plastic and stronger smell of plastic burning control box is melted completely thru I pulled all but two connector plugs as the remaining two connectors are fused to the control box and can not disconnect them.

- Manchester, MD, USA

Sep 012008

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Gas gauge does not function properly and drops to empty when there is gas in the tank. Passenger side window does not go up and down. Vehicle has been back to the dealership twice for electrical issues-dashboard and radio lights go on and off. Problem was repaired in 2009 but is now re-occuring.

- Swansea, MA, USA

Jul 212011

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

While driving the vehicle the drivers door master window switch begane to smoke, I pulled over and disconeccted before it completely burned. Smoke filled up the entire vehicle. I do still have the part. Was suprized there was no recall after learning through a web search, this is very common.

- Grand Haven, MI, USA

Jun 302008

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 25 mph on normal road conditions, there was a low power response when the accelerator pedal was depressed. Immediately, the vehicle accelerated unexpectedly. The traction warning indicator illuminated on the instrument panel and remained lit until the engine was turned off. The vehicle was taken to the authorized dealer for inspection and they stated that the failure was related to the throttle body freezing. The throttle body was replaced. The failure recurred and the throttle body was replaced again. The failure mileage was 21,000 and current mileage was 35,950. Updated 1/8/09 the trac light illuminated, the right front window would not roll up. Updated 01/14/09.

- Grand Forks , ND, USA