CarComplaints.com Notes: There are serious power steering concerns for the Traverse. Data shows that owners are having a difficult time with their power steering quitting, particularly at low speeds.

3.4

2010 Chevrolet Traverse miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse:

2010 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Feb 252016

Traverse

Passenger side window will not go down from driver side. Driver side tries not to go down. Both headlights went out days apart. Passenger heat does not work while driver and back heat works. Tire gage says rear tire pressure low when it means the front. When air is added the next day it says tire pressure low again. Power lift gate falling. These things happen while stationary and in motion.

- Hope Mills, NC, USA

Jan 052016

Traverse

2010 Chevrolet Traverse transmission problem while driving the the vehicle its not changing gears at times and it slips. At times when it does not slips, it starts to make a loud muffler sound while driving and my foot is on the gas and its like forcing the vehicle to move. In order to stop the sound and slip, I sometime have to place car on park and then put on drive to re adjust. Sometimes it works and sometime it does not. Took the car to my local mechanic who diagnosed the vehicle and state that there were alot of codes for the transmission which is unusual for a transmission that new(for a 2010). I then contacted a Chevy dealer who state that there is no complaint regarding transmission. I believe this vehicle is unsafe to drive. Please help as I have two young children that is on the vehicle with me on a daily basis. This issue sometimes happen and some time it does not. The steering wheel of the vehicle also makes a sound when turning. The ac blows, but the from vent only blow air from the bottom and not through the vents. I don't know if this is part of the issue or a different issue.

- Florida, FL, USA

Feb 122016

Traverse

When the car is on and you put it in park and turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition the engine is still running and no key is in the ignition! also, when running and the car is put into gear it cuts off and dies...possible ignition switch problem, battery, alternator? car is stationary when all of this happens. Either in a driveway or parking spot. Car had to be jumped several times, once running put it into gear and it cuts off or you put it in park to turn it off and it lets the key be taken out of the ignition but the engine keeps running. Currently at weber Chevrolet creve coeur in St. Louis

- University City, MO, USA

Feb 012016

Traverse

I purchased a 2010 Traverse from molle Chevy in blue springs 3 years ago. We have 61,000 miles and were sent letters to go have more recalls and "special adjustments" done. (Chevy's way of more recalls without calling them that) besides many other codes, this weeks P0008 code is a known timing chain issue. Since we took it in and it wasn't one of the special adjustments, they made us pay for the $90 diagnostic, wouldn't give me the car until I paid. Offered for "us" to pay and fix the problem and they would split the cost with us, went from $2,700 to $863, what a deal! it is a known defect! why should we pay a $1, we already paid for the vehicle"?? after holding are car hostage for the $90 and offering for us to pay for GM's fix, we have decided to check all reacall's and buy used with the least amount. I really hope the people get a dose of what they give in life. They have these people trained to sell a line of crap all the way from purchase to end of life on the vehicle. I know they are a necessary evil, but buyers beware, cars are the biggest waste of money, stress, and time. They don't pay for all your time for the recalls, why" buy a cheaper used car and check the recalls before you do. Don't buy new, you don't know what's wrong with them yet. No one looks cool in an costly car with a ton of issues. Life's to short. I would say don't go to Chevy but they are all similar to a point. Good luck, my Traverse is being sold this week. Sorry to whoever buys it from carmax. Always research!!!!! always buy at least a year old, gives time to find issues, 2 is better.

- Blue Springs, MO, USA

Feb 152015

Traverse

Passenger side only blows cold air.

- Hughesville, PA, USA

Jun 262014

Traverse

When vehicle was bought passenger side window was loose. Brown-daub Chevy said they would fix it and they seemed to have. Two months later when we closed the door the window shattered in its frame. It had to be broken out and replaced and when tech who removed it fixed it he said the bolts holding the window were loose. A couple weeks later we noticed when we left the window down a little and closed the door the window would shake. No one slams the car doors. Now both my front windows shake if they are left open even a small amount. Cleary paying for a new window was not the answer, the bolts in the doors aren't any good.

- Allentown, PA, USA

May 132015

Traverse

I have been hearing noise coming from vehicle for the last 2months, I have had 3 recalls on my vehicle in the last year.the noise is coming from the engine area, they meaning the machanics cannot figure out where the noise is coming from. Theyhave finally figured it out and its coming om the engine/also there was a recallon the anti freeze container and I brought it to kerbeck in atlantic city they said there is no problems/there is a leak coming from somewhere!! this veh is not worth my time and energy. Should I repair the product after there was a recall and no problems, im disgusted by this matter and if I could get a hold of a GM I would tell him where my thoughts are on this veh..

- Atlantic City, NJ, USA

May 162013

Traverse

If auto is in drive and stopped on an incline, when foot is released from brake, auto will roll downhill until you push on accelerator hard enough to stop the roll and move forward.if auto is stopped on hill and put in park car will roll approx.1 foot before it catches. We were launching a canoe at a boat ramp facing downhill. After putting the car in reverse, I took my foot off the brake and almost rolled into the water. I was able to push on the accelerator to overcome the momentum. I took the car to the dealership and they said everything was within specs.

- Quincy, IL, USA

Jun 042011

Traverse

While in the drive position on a steep hill at a stop sign, I removed my foot from the brake. The vehicle began to roll back almost hitting the vehicle behind me. It startled me. In order to proceed safely I had to use my left foot on the brake and my right foot on the accelerator. In the second incident, my wife was pulling into our driveway which has a slight incline. She removed her foot from the brake, the vehicle began to roll back almost hitting our youngest daughter who was riding her bicycle. My wife was scared. We further tested the vehicle on various hills/inclines both in drive and reverse and it continued to roll in the opposite direction of the engaged gear. Apparently, this is a characteristic of the automatic transmission on this vehicle. It does not have "hill-hold" or "hill assist".

- Florence, NJ, USA

Mar 272010

Traverse

While traveling down I-25 near monument Colorado, I began to pass a semi-truck as I've done 1000 times before. I accelerated slightly to go around the truck and the accelerator pedal became stuck. I applied the brake and this did not release the accelerator. I checked the floor mat and it was no where near the accelerator pedal and checked the cruise control which was not engaged at the time. I immediately pushed my emergency on-star button and they instructed me to put the vehicle in neutral and step on the brake. This emergency procedure did work thankfully.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA