8.3

$1,500.00

2. replace power steering pump (2 reports)
2010 Chevrolet Traverse steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse:

2010 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Jul 102014

Traverse LT 3.6L V6

Took the car to the dealer because I have intermittent Power Steering problems. They said it is operation fine at the time. But they did not take it for a real drive. Only 1 mile of driving was recorded. on the way home I was turning to my street and the Power steering gave out again. I almost hit my street sign. These Power steering issues need to be dealt with. The dealership seems to be ignoring the issue.

- , North Port, FL, USA

Feb 062013

Traverse LT 2 3.6L

While steering the car it suddenly became very difficult to steer.

Took it to local dealer in Manassas , VA .

They stated the power steering pump needed to be replaced.

Cost me about $150 for about an $800 repair.

Not bad, but still there should not be these type of problems with an auto before at least 150K miles as I always maintain my vehicles.

- , Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Aug 122013

Traverse LS 3.2L V6

My power steering would go out when I would slow down and make turns. Just heard back from the mechanic and it's a $1500 fix. Last month, put $380 in a transmission fluid leak. This car shouldn't be having these types of issues with only 60K miles. Of course, nothing covered under warranty.

- , Hilliard, OH, USA

Mar 042013

Traverse

It is hard to make turns-park and sounds as though GM should look into and fix these cars

- , Fairview, West Virginia, USA

May 132013

Traverse LT 3.8L V6

The problem started with a whining noise every time you turned the wheel. I had complained about this problem for over 2 years with several Chevy dealers and finally got it resolved I thought in late 2012. It turns out the dealer claimed I had a leak in my power steering hoses even though Chevy has a service bulletin for this issue stating that the entire system should be replaced if the customer complains about it. Now for the past 2 months I have been fighting my car to turn. Every time I try to turn either right or left I am fighting my steering wheel to make the turn. I feel like you need to be the incredible hulk to make it move. My power steering fluid is full and clean so I do not know what is causing this. All I can say is I will NEVER buy Chevy again!!

- , O Fallon, MO, USA

Mar 012013

Traverse LS 3.2L V6

Vehicle started losing power steering function while trying to make left and right turns. This became scary when taking daughter to school one morning and went to make a right turn and had to force the steering, had I not used force I would have ended up into oncoming traffic. Vehicle is in shop now to try to fix problem, been without vehicle for five days now and not sure of the solution but have been told there are no recalls. Per research on web, have found there are several complaints on the same issue, something should be done by the manufacturing.

- , Bladenboro, NC, USA