Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Dec 162014

200 4-cyl

I'm driving a friend to the store and the car just stalls out like its out of gas on the attempted restart it had sound exactly like it is out of gas, I then call roadside assistance for a tow and they send a service that was not equip to tow this car since it has stopped, we could not get it in neutral to load it on the flat bed.the driver then suggest that I call a service with dollies to put under each wheel since the car is an all wheel drive model, after another tow truck was car with the right equipment, it is then towed to the nearest Chrysler dealer not to where I had purchased the vehicle, Chrysler roadside would only tow it 14 miles, my dealership was 6 miles over the limit, after 2days I was told nothing was wrong with the car and that I could come get it, well on the way home it stalled again in the same manner this time I after a little wait it started, and a block from my home it stalled again!!,I then called my dealership they were very good, a lot better than Chrysler's roadside assistance and a lot better than the other dealership in terms of realizing. That there was a serious problem at first they thought it was the ECU but that was last week it apparently was not and now it is going on 2weeks since I've been without my car, they did supply me with a loan car but they are still scratching their heads as to why my car keeps stalling I think I may have a lemon....

- Dayton, OH, USA

Oct 132014

This incident has happened on two separate occasions. While driving on the highway at speeds around 60 to 70 mph, my car will suddenly stall, and I am unable to accelerate. My electronic dash display would begin blinking, and I have no power to the pedal at all. On both occasions, I was in fact able to pull of to the side of the road to avoid any kind of car accident, however the second incident nearly caused a crash because the traffic volumes at the time were quite heavy. I was nearly rear ended due to my sudden deceleration. After the second incident, I decided to take the car in for service. As of today (3 days in the shop) I have not heard a reason as to why this is occurring. I have had the car for roughly 4 months, and this stalling has happened twice. I am worried that it will eventually lead to an accident on the road.

- Southfield, MI, USA

Jul 082014

200 4-cyl

I have a 2015 Chrysler 200S, my car has stalled on 3 occasions while driving, each at different speeds. On two of the incidents, the car shut off, I was able to coast safely to the side of the road and place the car back into park. Once in park I was able to restart the engine and proceed with driving. On July 8, 2014 the car stalled and totally shut down. The car was locked and would not do anything. I attempted to place the car in park however the control knob (center console on these cars) to do so was locked and would not move. The engine was shut down however all electrical systems were still active within the car. Several service messages cycled through the display on the vehicle; therefore I contacted Chrysler roadside assistance. Roadside assistance arrived and my car was towed to the nearest Chrysler dealer (not the dealer I bought it from). Once at the dealer I was informed that my car would not be able to be looked at because they were too busy. Therefore my car remained on the lot, all electrical systems were still running throughout the entire night (approximately 12-15 hours) before it was looked at. In that time the battery had died, once it was jumped it started and it was able to be pulled into a service bay. After 2 days in the service dept I was informed they could not recreate the issue that caused the car to totally shut down and lock up while driving. They "road tested" the car 102 miles as instructed by Chrysler however no codes were active in regards to the incident on July 8, 2014. They have now returned my car to me without this major safety issue being addressed. The final verdict from the dealer was, we cannot recreate the stalling and shutdown therefore we will be returning the car to you. The car was bought brand new and I have had it 3 weeks.

- Hamburg, PA, USA