2005 Chrysler 300 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300:

2005 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Aug 152016

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact observed that the passenger side dashboard was buckling and separating from the windshield. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was approximately 139,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- 205 Ridgeway Drivelymouth, NC, USA

Jan 252005

300

There was an oil leak at the rear of vehicle and the dealer replaced the rear axle pinion seal and yoke. Also on this day the trim piece around the drivers seat came loose and they replaced the six (6) screws that had fallen out. Next the driver side sun visor clip broke and they replaced it. As of this report, June 6, 2013, both visor clips are broken. Lastly, the carpet on the floor board front passenger side is coming up. 02/17/05, there was a recall on vehicle D29 reprogram PCM and tcm08-D2-91-82, recall on vehicle D28 battery cable stud fasteners recall D28 inspect bulkhead stud 08-D2-81-82 ; recall on vehicle D50 radiator isolator brackets. The bolts were broken and replaced with rad support brackets 07-30-10-50 07-D5-01-82. I was charged $32.05 for labor, G.O.G., epa plus tax. 08/24/07, slack in left outter tie rod end. The seeing oil light was replaced on 05/22/09 for $166.63 and it was recommended that the bleeder housing (leaking) $197; water pump & thermostat $854. Replaced throttle body on 07/02/12. The key comes out of ignition switch while car is in motion, check engine light is on 8/7/13. The ECU replaced on 8/22/12, car wouldn't go over 25 mph and RPM stuck @ 1000. The radiator was replaced on 05/13/13, had a leak. The timing chain, water pump and plenum gasket was replaced on 06/03/13 and my check engine light and that etc light are still flashing in the dash. The reason "supposedly" now is that Chrysler issued a bulletin for mechanics to have car owners to return the vehicle to dealership and pay to replace the crankshaft position sensors and this is as of June 6, 2013. I don't have anymore money, time nor patience for this vehicle! obviously, it is a lemon, by no stretch of the imagination. The company should be ashamed of the obvious fraudulent advertisement of their products. I am seeking to sue the company. They knew vehicle was no good.

- Brandon, MS, USA

Mar 282012

300 8-cyl

I was stop waiting on the car in front of me to go when a lager company truck hit me in back, the truck never stop, he had to be doing 50 mile or more, but my airbag did not deployed cause head trauma and neck, back, problems, the truck smashed in the back of my car and the gas tank hang out if I would have had more gas in it, it would have blown up. I have picture to prove this fact and was told that by the car dealer collision department.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Jun 252012

300 8-cyl

The previous owner had mentioned the bumper / skid plate problems he had before. I then was careful as to where I parked. Well, I parked the car in front of a convenient store and as I pulled back, the front bumper caught on to the cement block and cracked the bumper as well as pulling most of the skid plate from under the car. As I drove home I heard some pieces fall on to the road but could not pull aside to pick them up or I would of gotten hit by a car. I took the car to a body shop and they told me these cars have that problem all the time. I have noticed that 99% of the Chrysler 300 that I see on the street also have the same thing, hanging bumpers and skid plates. I did call to see if there were any recalls for this and I was told there was not. I don't think this is acceptable. They come from the manufacture, with what I would call a defect and they should take responsibility in fixing them and correcting the problem so that any future Chrysler do not have this problem. Thank you in advance for your attention in this matter.

- San Jacinto, CA, USA

Apr 252006

300 8-cyl

Suspension pops and dash rattles.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 302005

300 6-cyl

2005 Chrysler town and country. The contact stated the head rests for the middle row do not stay up. This has been happening since the contact purchased the vehicle. The vehicle was taken back to the dealership, and they stated it was an engineering problem. The notches in the first and third rows are different from the second row. Nothing has been done to correct the problem.

- Olympia, WA, USA

May 312005

300

The floors in the front are not solid underneath the carpet. There's no "bottom". there's 7" of space between the carpet and the body of the car. I took it in to the dealer and they said that's the way the car was made and they are not sure of why it was designed like that.

- Austin, TX, USA