0.7

2005 Chrysler 300 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300:

2005 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Mar 032015

300

When I start the car its sounds fine after a few minutes it sounds like water running though the dash on driver side, vey complicated to explain. I don't know what it is but it last about 2/3 minutes.

- Boydton, VA, USA

Apr 282016

300

Car gear stuck in park. Having totake to dealer, very stupid thing to happen to this type of vehicle. Cost $400. Will never buy another Chrysler other recommend one to family or friends. How can certain VIN be recalled and not all.

- Lithia Sprgs, GA, USA

Apr 112016

300

Takata recall- my electric throttle control shut my engine down while on the express way in heavy traffic the gas pedal would no longer accelerate the car. I had to try to get over and put my hazardz on. I couldve died and it was night time. This part should be recalled.

- Ecorse, MI, USA

Jan 042016

300

I am having a problem with the wireless ignition node (win) module, which can exhibit a binding condition of the solenoid latch. It's possible that the key can be removed from the ignition switch prior to placing the shifter in "park, " which can cause unintended vehicle movement. There was a safety recall for the year 2010 model, but I am having the same problem with the 2005. My car was stationary. The dashlights will not go off I have been able to pull the key out and the radio would still be playing after I opened the door. I have been able to remove the key and the engine would still be running. Now I can't get the car to start at all, the key is not engaging but the dash instrument lights are still on, I had to disconnect the battery so the battery would not lose power.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Oct 302010

300

I am terrified to drive my Chrysler 300.they have over 3 recall on my car. Every time I am driving my car I'm watching the air bag light. Please help!!!! what do I need to do"?? there no incident I just need help with my car. I'm worried about the air bag. Why did they put the 2.7 engine in those car" they are the worst engines.

- Memphis , TN, USA

Jul 022015

300

The car stalled in the middle of the freeway while driving at 65mph!! it is a miracle no other car crashed into us and killed us. It also stalls on the streets and after filling it up with gas. Sometimes it starts up again and sometimes it doesn't. the car is a safety hazard to my son and me!! it is a 2005 Chrysler 300 2.7L.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Sep 272014

300

While driving the vehicle just shuts down chrylser said the problem was the gas tank I had to wait about 3 months after waiting they installed the gas tank and the problem is on changed

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 162013

300 8-cyl

In July, I was stopped at a stop sign. My car went dead - engine stopped, lights, radio went off. I put it in park and restarted. Next occurrence was about a month later at a stop sign again. Last occurrence was September 22, 2014 - this time the car felt like it was decelerating on the interstate at approx. 60 mph - the malfunction light flashed and the esp bas light came on. After I got off the highway, the car completely shut off at a stop sign. I put it in park and restarted. My mechanic has installed a program update B/C he couldn't identify the problem. I do know I filled up my car the Friday prior to the last occurrence and did not drive it until the Monday am when this last incident occurred.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Jul 192014

300 6-cyl

• 1,000,000 miles
Car was stuck in park could not move my car tow truck driver tore off my bumper while in park.

- Sandwich, IL, USA

Sep 032011

300

Cpsc# I11A0205A. Chrysler 300. Car was towed to repair shop. Would not go in reverse. Something is wrong with gear shaft.

- Desoto, TX, USA

Sep 152011

300 6-cyl

While driving my vehicle home yesterday evening my car shutdown by itself. I had to restart 3 times to make it home. This is extremelly dangerous as I was on a high rise bridge at the time. Anyone knows if there is a recall on this vehicle. Again today it shutdown and will not start again. I had to be towed to a repair shop.

- Westwego, LA, USA

Jun 182011

300

2005 Chrysler 300 was parked in garage over night when we went to start vehicle it started just fine but it would not shift out of park to reverse to get out of garage. This happened on June 18 2011. Come to find out it was a spring that had broke off from a piece of plastic down in the shifter that had broke.

- Spanish Fork , UT, USA

Dec 082009

300

Without any warning the gear shift would not move out of park. I had the vehicle towed to the shop and found that I had to replaced the gear shifter component in my Chrysler 300 vehicle. I later found out that this part has been recalled on other Dodge and chrsyler vehicles, but not on mine. Now today my car is showing symptoms that the gear boc may be failing again. The key will not come out of the ignition because the gear is not go holding property in park. I am going to take the car to a Chrysler dealership and see if Chrysler will fix it. I repaired the vehicle less than 5 months ago.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 142008

300

Air bag light came on, brought the car to the dealer, they said it was a faulty air bag in the steering wheel. This car has never had the air bag deployed. They replaced the air bag for $690. A week or so later the light came on again, brought it back to the dealer and they said it was the airbag sensor, to the tune of $263.

- Madison, NJ, USA