2005 Chrysler 300 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300:

2005 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Oct 302010

300

I am terrified to drive my Chrysler 300.they have over 3 recall on my car. Every time I am driving my car I'm watching the air bag light. Please help!!!! what do I need to do"?? there no incident I just need help with my car. I'm worried about the air bag. Why did they put the 2.7 engine in those car" they are the worst engines.

- Memphis , TN, USA

Jan 152014

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the driver's seat belt failed to properly fasten. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure and the current mileage was 122,000.

- New Haven, CT, USA

Mar 282012

300 8-cyl

I was stop waiting on the car in front of me to go when a lager company truck hit me in back, the truck never stop, he had to be doing 50 mile or more, but my airbag did not deployed cause head trauma and neck, back, problems, the truck smashed in the back of my car and the gas tank hang out if I would have had more gas in it, it would have blown up. I have picture to prove this fact and was told that by the car dealer collision department.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Jan 262007

300 6-cyl

I had a car seat installed in the rear center seat with the latch attached. One day when I took the car seat out, I noticed that the plastic bar across the belt buckle had cracked. This is the piece that cinches the belt tight, therefore the belt would no longer tighten down to hold the car seat. I have no idea how long this had been broken, since I had the latch in place. I moved the car seat to another seat and had the dealership replaced the center seat belt. The seat belt where I moved the car seat to broke. I then had another car seat in the center rear and that one broke. Each time it is the plastic bar on the buckle. I have had three seat belts replaced on this car and one of them being a brand new replacement. The dealership and the Chrysler customer assistance tried to tell me that they couldn't had to find a solution, therefore no one is willing to take responsibility for the issue. The dealership service manager also told me that I needed to use the locking clips that come with the car seats because the seat belts aren't designed to maintain the tension of holding a car seat in place. In the owner's manual it states, "the passenger seat belts are equipped with clinching latch plates which are designed to keep the lap portion tight around the child restraint so that it is not necessary to use a locking clip." The dealership is trying to blame me for their equipment failure.

- Center Moriches, NY, USA

May 172006

300

A 2005 Chrysler 300C 4 door, was traveling North bound on a state highway. The highway is a 2-lane asphalt roadway, with a northbound right curve at the collision site. There is a negative super-elevation from West to East. The roadway is posted 55 mph. Definitive mathematical calculations have not been completed. However, it is believed the Chrysler was traveling near the posted speed limit. The Chrysler was occupied by four adults, over 50 years of age. The driver, a front seat passenger, and two rear seat passengers. A 1997 Ford Taurus was traveling southbound on the same state highway, approaching the Chrysler 300C. The Ford was occupied by two males, age 16 and 19. A driver, and a front seat passenger. The Ford was traveling in the curve, which is a left hand curve South bound. The Ford, believed to be in excess of the posted 55 mph speed limit, went into a counter-clockwise yaw, crossed the centerline, and laterally impacted the front of the Chrysler 300C. The occupants of the Ford died in the crash. There is significant crush to the passenger side of the Ford. The B-pillars are approximately 21.5 inches apart, as measured inside to inside. The Chrysler 300C passenger side rear occupant also died in the crash. There is evidence of seat belt use by this occupant. The latch plate and buckle at the passenger rear seating position of the Chrysler failed. The buckle is partially disassembled, and the latch plate broke where the webbing feeds through the latch plate. There is no evidence the pre-tensioners fired, or locked the seat belts at any position. There is deformation to the steering wheel at the six O'clock position. All seat belts move freely within the retractors. My investigation is still ongoing. I do not want to be premature in making this complaint. Conversely, I do not want anyone else to die or be seriously injured if there is a seat belt defect. With kindest regard, eric F. naugle #157 glynn county police department actar #1258.

- Brunswick, GA, USA