2006 Chrysler 300 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300:

2006 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 8)

Jul 142014

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that after restarting, the vehicle failed to shift from park to drive. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 88,300.

- Apartment 519, MD, USA

Jul 092014

300

When I put the gear shift into park it wont let me shift again so now im stuck in park. I heard online this is happening with other Chrysler cars and Dodge cars I feel that there should be a recall for this matter cause it cost on average $350 or higher and Chrysler knows about it but they have only recalled some cars and not all cars with this problem please help.thanks

- Long Beach, NY, USA

Jul 052014

300 6-cyl

Automatic transmission car would not shift out of park when I attempted to drive vehicle in the morning. After getting vehicle to dealership, they replaced shifter assembly.

- Garner, NC, USA

Jun 212014

300 6-cyl

My 2006 Chrysler 300 was parked in my garage. When I was ready to leave in the morning, I started the car but was not able to shift from "park" mode. Had it towed to my local Chrysler dealer where an overhall shifter assy and lever kit - shifter interlock was installed.

- Inverness, FL, USA

May 052014

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to shift out of park. The contact stated the vehicle was exhibiting the failure specified in NHTSA campaign number: 05V460000 (powertrain). The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was unavailable.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Jun 252014

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while parking, the transmission shifter interlock lever fractured which prevented the contact from shifting out of park. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the transmission shifter interlock lever to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 88,000.

- Selena, KS, USA

Dec 022011

300 8-cyl

After filling up the fuel tank, after approximately 30 seconds the engine shut down. It was hard to restart, but finally restarted. When pulling out fromt the fueling station, the car began to buck and jerk intermittently. When stopped at a red light, it stalled again. I restarted the car. When I proceeded when the light turned green, the car again stalled. This occured for the next 5-6 miles, then stopped occurring. This happened every time I refilled the fuel tank. Since ooa 15 December 2011, I cannot fill my fuel tank and have to stop it before the nozzle shuts if off. If I inadvertenly let it fill until the nozzle clicks off (doesn't matter the fueling pump/station), it will buck and stall for the next several miles until some of the fuel is burned off in the tank.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Jun 142014

300 6-cyl

Floor gear shifter will not move from park position. Chrysler says my VIN was not part of the recall for this problem so they will not take care of the repair costs. I do not understand how Chrysler can say some of the vehicles with faulty part will be covered by recall and others with the same problem will not be.

- Bonner Springs, KS, USA

Jun 092014

300 6-cyl

Tried to leave work and gear shift stuck in park. Got a ride home and googled finding multiple complaints. Found K39 recall and called the recall center. They said my VIN was not included and I asked why? it's the same problem and the same make and model covered under K39. They told me there was nothing they could do. What a crock! not buying a Chrysler ever again.

- Rochester, MI, USA

Jun 032014

300 8-cyl

Transmission lever was stuck in "park".

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

May 242014

300 6-cyl

Driving on to the freeway there was a click sound and the vehicle shut down had to take quick reaction as this is the entry to a very busy highway. Managed to get into the breakdown lane car would not go forward put it in reverse and it worked then put it back into drive and managed to crawl home. The gearing is not changing through the gears. This is just after a rocker arm assembly being put into this vehicle two weeks ago. When I first purchased the vehicle the engine shut down on a busy road, turned out it was the remote start which was on the car when first purchased. What a nightmare this vehicle is.

- Anchorage, AK, USA

May 122014

300 6-cyl

After I start the car I try to shift it out of park, I have to force it to shift. I had this happen to me before and had to have my car towed to the mechanic. The gear shifter had to be replaced. I am having to force it to shift but know it will have to be replaced sooner or later.

- Belle Glade, FL, USA

May 132014

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle was unable to be moved out of the park position. The manufacturer was contacted. The diagnosis from the private mechanic was that the transmission gear needed to be replaced. The failure mileage was 100,000 and the current mileage was 100,000.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA

Feb 182014

300

The car stop and wont go to the next gear...that happen on the expressway and I almost got hit by a truck.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Apr 262014

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to shift from park. The vehicle was not repaired or diagnosed. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 76,000.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Mar 032014

300 8-cyl

After refueling the car stalled multiple times leaving me stranded in the middle of the street during rush hour. This incident has happen 4 times in the last 4 weeks.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Apr 132014

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle would not shift out of park and the shift interlock latch became fractured. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who had not diagnosed the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 135,000.

- Huntington, IN, USA

Sep 112013

300 8-cyl

From what I've learned there's a defect in Chrysler automobiles with the hemi engine. Any time the gas tank is filled, if a sharp left turn is taken the car stalls out. This is exactly what has happened to me periodically over the last two years. I brought the car to two local mechanics and the Chrysler dealership, nobody could figure it out, it doesn't show up on the car's computer. Finally, a third mechanic googled it and came up with an article in the L.a.times that perfectly described my situation (duh, I should've thought of that). It wasn't until the car stalled in the middle of a busy road, on a Friday afternoon, with my two-year-old daughter in the car, that I really had an issue. I was able to roll into the parking lot of a shopping plaza, so it ended alright, but if there was nowhere to go that could've spelled disaster! as a guy I can handle a situation like this, but when children are involved a defect of this type is unacceptable. I'm the original owner of the car, so it's not related to user error by any means. In the end the third mechanic quoted me $1800 for a new gas tank + lines + labor, or I could not fill my tank to the top when I get gas. Thanks Chrysler! plus, the shifter for the automatic transmission on the 300C will lock up, not letting the driver shift from park to drive. Thanks again Chrysler for stranding my pregnant wife! (I still have the shifter in my garage hoping that will be a recall).

- Southbury, CT, USA

Mar 272014

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to move out of park. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in recall NHTSA campaign number: 05V460000 (power train). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 109,000.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Feb 272014

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to shift from park. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the shift mechanism needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 117,000.

- Marino Valley, CA, USA