2006 Chrysler 300 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300:

2006 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 8)

Dec 132013

300 6-cyl

I placed the vehicle in park and exited the car. When I return to attempt to shift the vehicle out of park I was unable to do so. After researching and speaking with my local Chrysler/Dodge dealership and getting my vehicle taken to them it was confirmed that the transmission gear shift lever interlock return spring hook broke. It will not allow the vehicle to be shifted out of the "park" position. Although there is a recall for this problem already issued my VIN was not included although it is included in the year of the issued recall. I was informed by the Chrysler recall assistance center customer service person to contact NHTSA to file a complaint.

- Edwards, MS, USA

Aug 152013

300 8-cyl

The engine stalls repeatedly after filling the gas tank. This has occurred many times over a number of months. The Chrysler dealer can't fix it and it has nearly caused an accident on two occasions.

- Pomona, IL, USA

Oct 292013

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while parked, she was unable to move the gear shifter out of park. The vehicle was inspected by an independent mechanic, who stated that there was a customer satisfaction campaign for the replacement of the transmission interlock. The manufacturer was contacted and stated that the contact was not eligible for repairs per the customer satisfaction campaign. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000.

- St Clair Shores, MI, USA

Oct 012013

300 6-cyl

About three yrs ago went for oil change found out my was cracked had to replace axle and steering asked if it was a recall they said no.. now 2013 I park the car and the car wont shift from park called Chrysler no recall notice there's been many cases of shifting gear not able to shift or falling off shift when park.. my auto will not shift from park this a defect I feel Chrysler should have this problem fix and put as a recall.

- Converse, TX, USA

Aug 072013

300 6-cyl

Recently I started my Chrysler 300, tried to put my car in reverse, and realized it was stuck in park. After much investigation I have found a temporary resolution to get it out of park provided O me via the internet. I have found there is a recall on my part provided by Chrysler, on my exact model, make, and year but for some reason its VIN specific. Bottom line is my part is broken and falls right in line with the other 29,000 other people that had their gear shifter recalled. When I called Chrysler they said my VIN didn't qualify. I strongly disagree. I have looked online and see many many people have been turned away by Chrysler with the same problem. Please help!

- Titusville, FL, USA

Sep 062013

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that she was unable to shift out of park. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the transmission shift lever needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 05V460000 (power train) and was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 62,000.

- Englewood , FL, USA

Sep 032013

300 6-cyl

Shifter is stuck in park and will not move.

- Indio, CA, USA

Sep 032013

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the gear shifter failed and would not release from park. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The manufacturer denied any assistance with the repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 112,097....updated 10-24-13

- Mesquite, TX, USA

Aug 232013

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the gear shifter failed. The contact was unable to release the gear shifter from park. The vehicle was not repaired. The dealer advised that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 05V460000 (power train). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 100,000.

- Somerset , NJ, USA

Aug 092013

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while trying to start the vehicle, it failed to shift out of park. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the shifter interlock needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Delmar , MD, USA

Aug 092013

300 6-cyl

Gear shift stuck in park.

- Pikesville , MD, USA

Aug 012012

300 8-cyl

Car stalls intermittently. Will go weeks or even months without incident but then will stall several times when starting. Using when stalling process starts it will also die upon stopping. Car also will be driving down the street and will not be able to get past 3rd gear. Car will redline at about 45 mph but will not shift out of gear. Occasionally it will shift roughly and typically when gas is let up it will go into next gear. Has been doing these things off and on for the last year or so and when I tell the dealership about the problem they have not been able to diagnose the actual problem.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Aug 042013

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact stated that the gear lever would not shift out of park. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number 05V460000 (power train) and contacted the manufacturer, who stated that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Trotwood, OH, USA

Jul 262013

300 6-cyl

Gear shift became locked in park position. With assistance from aaa I was able to release it out of park. Chrysler advised there is no recall on this problem even though there seems to be multiple complaints pertaining to this particular problem in this model and year.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 022013

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle would not shift out of park. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign I.D. number: 05V460000 (power train) and called the dealer. The dealer stated that the VIN was not included in the recall. The manufacturer was contacted but provided no assistance. The failure mileage was 25,600.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jul 102013

300 6-cyl

Gear shifter will not move out of park.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jul 032013

300 6-cyl

Stick shift will not move out of park.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jun 082006

300

At any given speed there is a "loss of communication" as it is described by the mancari's of oak lawn dealership, where I purchased the vehicle, as well as have it serviced, between the transmission and the computer. This is apparently a huge problem with this make and model of this vehicle. As you can see on the website below. I have had the trans shifter replaced, as well as had the car "re-flashed" several times to no avail, and with no apparent solution in site. Many attempts have been made at reaching chrslyer - the manufacturer as suggested, but they seem to have no interest in dealing with customers beyond the sale of the vehicle.I wonder how many fatalities will have to ensue before they do anything about what I am sure are known issues by now, concerning their vehicles.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 052013

300 6-cyl

At approximately 12:30pm I got into my vehicle (Chrysler 300 touring 2006 model) to drive home. I put my key in the ignition, started my vehicle and then proceeded to change gears from park to reverse. My gear shift was locked/stuck in park. It would not move at all. I then turned my care off and proceeded to try again. I then started up my vehicle (Chrysler 300 touring 2006 model) and the gear shift was still stuck in park. I then proceeded to google what was going on with my Chrysler 300 and there were several complaints from other Chrysler 300 owners on this site with the same exact problem. On this site other Chrysler owners stress that this particular problem just happens out of the blue. You never know when it's actually going to happen. It costs $490 to get it fixed plus the amount of money it will cost you to get your vehicle Chrysler 300 towed. The other Chrysler owners also stress that they've had this same problem with 2005, 2006, and 2007 Chrysler 300 touring models. I then proceeded to make several calls to handle my problem as far as towing ect... all I got was the run around and I stressed the issue as far as this particular problem being recalled and it hadn't been. If I knew then what I know now I would of never bought the Chrysler 300 touring 2006 model. I don't think it's fair to the customer to have to come out of their pockets for a default that the company made on a vehicle. This model needs to be on the recall list. It is now 4:03pm and myself and my children are still waiting for my car to be towed. ## VIN passed ## Chrysler 300 touring 2006 ##

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jul 022013

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to shift from park. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 05V46000 (power train). The failure mileage was 78,000. The VIN was not available.

- St. Louis, MO, USA