2008 Chrysler 300 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler 300:

2008 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 24 of 24)

Aug 312011

My driver side seat warmers malfunctioned and ended up turning on by itself and overheating and in turn, burning the driver's seat. I initially parked the car where I usually do and was planning on taking the car the next day to the Chrysler dealership by my home. I woke up on the morning of August 31, 2011, walked up to my car (which had black windows from the smoke from the flames) and opened my car door to find my driver side seat burned to ashes. This is an electrical problem and the situation with my car is being fixed and Chrysler is taking care of the problem. I do not want this to happen to anyone else. I pulled up some information about other Chrysler cars with seat warmers and other people has experienced the same problem with the driver side seat overheating and burning their drivers seat to ashes.

- White Plains, NY, USA

Mar 212011

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler 300. When driving approximately 30 mph, the speedometer began functioning erratically. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the speedometer was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 60,964.

- Ashford, AL, USA

Mar 052009

300 6-cyl

Approx 15 times since purchasing my new 2008 Chrysler 300, I have found that I have no accessory power while driving. I.e. no heat/ac, no radio, no control of windows. It may actually have no accessory power from the time I start the car, as I often notice it within the first mile when I try to use an accessory. The only way to get the power back is to pull over, turn off the car and restart. Occasionally I have had to repeat this process several times to get the accessory power back. I complained to the dealer within the first 6 months, and they replied that it is too intermittent for them to solve.

- Mishawaka, IN, USA

Oct 222008

We have taken our 2008 Chrysler 300 to 2 different Chrysler dealers and they haven't fixed our car. Our car windows, ac, lights, brake lights, fan etc don't work several times. We have to stop the car and get to a safe place to restart the car and sometimes we get the power back. The first car dealer are saying they don't show any error in the system. The other dealer told us someone may have opened their garage at the same time we started our car and they saw a couple of errors but they can't do anything about it. They want us to buy american cars and then we get cheated and lied to by Chrysler. They should fix our car.

- Milford, DE, USA

Aug 312008

My 2008 300 touring was parked in a parking lot. The alarm started going off by itself. The a fire started out of nowhere from under the hood. Then my car exploded from the front to the back through the exhaust pipe. I only had 6100 or so miles on my car. I just leased it in March of this year.

- Southfield, MI, USA

Dec 232007

300 6-cyl

Bought a 2008 Chrysler 300 limited 3.5 on December 18th. On Sunday the 23rd, I used the windshield washer due to flying road water after a rain, that resulted in a total electrical failure. Engine stopped until I released windshield washer switch, and when it was in a lower gear, resulting in significant slow down with braking. Such an event in faster and heavy traffic could be a significant problem for occupants and/or those driving behind a car experiencing such an event. The dealership has stated that it was due to a major electrical circuit board that was ordered. The car was left with the dealer on December 24th and today they called stating that the part is on back order and have no idea when it might be available. If on back order, one has to think that there is a much larger problem than just my automobile.

- Seven Lakes, NC, USA