2008 Chrysler 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler 300:

2008 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 232014

300 8-cyl

The car turns off all by itself while I'm driving down the road. This has occurred four times now.

- Fair Oaks Ranch , TX, USA

Mar 012014

300 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact restarted the vehicle and it functioned properly. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for a diagnostic. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 56,500.

- Lee's Summit, MO, USA

Feb 272013

On 2/27/2014 I was driving on the free way and my windshield wipers stopped working. It was very dangerous due to the fact that it was pouring rain out, and I had zero visibility on the highway. I had to pull over on to the shoulder, where I waited approximately 30 minutes before I was able to get my wipers to work again. On my way home from work later that day, as I was driving on the freeway once again, my car completely turned off leaving me stranded in the middle of the free way. I was able to get my car started and get home safely, although I was terrified. Took my car to the dealer on 3/1/2014. Tech stated it was a bad wiper motor, part replaced and still wipers will not work. Replaced fuses and relays as recommended per dealer tech, still wipers will not work I have spent over 500$ in these repairs and still my wipers are not working. Now the dealer is saying that I have a bad tipm (totally integrated power module). However, I am unable to get my car fixed since the part is on back order. Apparently chrsyler has known about this problem for a while now since the part is on a national back order. I believe Chrysler should recall all vehicles with a defective tipm. The dealer has given me an estimate of 1200$ for replacing the tipm. It's very aggravating since now I must pay for a rental car for who knows how long since not even dealers know when the part will be available. I will never buy another Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep product again. After doing some extensive research, I have found that several models have this same issue.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Nov 202013

300 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler 300C. The contact stated that immediately after refueling, the vehicle stalled as the check engine warning lamp illuminated. The contact mentioned that he was able to restart the vehicle immediately after the failure. The contact inspected the vehicle and diagnosed that there was a defective sensor in the engine. The contact made repairs to the vehicle but to no avail. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 68,000 and the current mileage was 69,206....updated 03/07/14 the consumer stated the PCM was replaced three times, but to no avail. The consumer stated the problem was a bad ignition coil. Found through more testing. Possibly when the temperature of the engine varied it created an open in the coil causing the coil to have electrical discharge into the wiring harness, which was causing the PCM to shut down, reset and then stall. Updated 03/18/14

- West Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 012013

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler 300. The contact was driving 25 mph when the windows became inoperable. The contact also stated that the engine would sporadically fail to start. The failures were recurring. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacture was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000...updated 01/13/14 updated 01/16/14

- Miami, OK, USA

Jun 132013

300 6-cyl

I was stop at the light and when the light change, I proceeded to drive and I heard a terrible noise that sound like a flat tire. I quickly pull off the road and found out the it was my radiator and red fluid was coming out. I found out later at the Chrysler dealer repair service that the fans had came a loose and puncture the radiator. He stated that several of the same type of car had the same problem with the fans coming loose and puncturing the radiator. Their should be a recall on that part and I should be refunded the money I had to spend to get it repaired.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Jan 082013

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that anti-freeze was leaking from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that anti-freeze was leaking into the motor and as a result, the connector water outlet needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 81,000 and the current mileage was 81,119.

- Memphis, TN, USA